- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Christ Community A/G
• John Lear, from Elizabethtown, was last Sunday’s guest. The power of God was so strong that church did not dismiss until 2:30 p.m.
• Fridays - Area 25, a contemporary service on at 7 p.m. continues to be an outreach for the church. For more information, call 859-824-1824.
• Children exhibit sincerity, eagerness, a trusting attitude and a total dependence on their parents. Jesus had a special concern for the children of His time and continues to have a special concern for His children today. Along with that, God’s people must develop understanding and a genuine concern for their souls.
• April 22 – Good Friday service at 7 p.m.
• April 23 – Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m.
• April 24 – Sunrise service at 7 a.m. and Easter program at 11 a.m.
Clark’s Creek Baptist
• April 17 – The Creative Ministry Team will present their Easter program (The Easter Egg Hunt) as part of the morning worship service. Soup and sandwiches will be served directly after the worship service. After lunch, an Easter Egg hunt will be held.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• April 10 - Business meeting following the evening worship service.
• April 11 - The Associational WMU will have their annual meeting at Turner Ridge Baptist Church at 7 p.m. Bring a covered dish. The van will leave the church at 6 p.m.
• April 12 - The Night Baptist Women will meet at 6:30 p.m.
• April 16 - Easter at the Farm will be at the home of Randy and Rachel Magee from 11a.m. to 2 p.m. The church bus will leave at 10:30 a.m. and return at 2:30 p.m. Filled Easter eggs are needed by April 13.
• April 17 – The choir will present an Easter Cantata, “Because We Believe,” in the morning worship service.
Dry Ridge Christian
• April 10 - Board meeting immediately following the late service.
• A small discussion group will focus on values and what we want our children to believe. Contact Wayne, if you are interested in signing up.
• The cost for an Easter lily is $11. Orders will be accepted through April 10.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• April 10, 17 - The historic Hook and Hastings pipe organ will be played by Diana Webb, former director of music at Blessed Sacrament Church in Fort Mitchell. This is the only pipe organ in Grant County. Read about the church at www.DryRidgePresbyterian.com. For information, call 859 824-5622.
• April 21 - Maundy Thursday service at 6:30 p.m. Dinner is provided.
• April 24- Easter Sunday service is at 11a.m.
Family Worship Center
• April 11 - Leadership meeting. Every second Monday Pastor Tony teaches on “Leadership.”
• April 23 - Easter egg hunt and picnic at noon at Grant County Park in Crittenden. Stop by the information center to sign-up to bring food. Each family is asked to bring two food items and a 12-pack of pop, water or juice. The Easter egg hunt will begin immediately following the lunch. Prizes will be awarded in all age groups.
• April 24 - Easter Sunday “The Heart of a Champion” at 10 a.m.
First Love Community Fellowship
• “How to be Happy” has been the recent topic of the church. Bro. David shared how it is important for people to look to the word for truth; because much of what the world is sharing either doesn’t work or for many it doesn’t apply or cannot be attained. This sermon can be read in its entirety at firstloveky.org.
• There has been a lot of hammering and sawing and dust flying around at Harvest Apostolic. Walls have been torn down to make way for an expansion of the sanctuary. All of this construction will be finished before the Second Annual Alpha and Omega Conference scheduled for April 28 through May 1.
• On Sunday morning Pastor Pullens spoke from Proverbs 23:23. The church must seek the Lord with everything and make God’s ways each person’s own way.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul preached on how lucky we are that God is a merciful God.
• Happy birthday to Jamey Fryman and Nancy Cavins.
• April 24 - Easter Sunday - The Lord’s Supper will be observed.
• April 10 – Baptism in the morning service.
• April 10-13 - Spring Revival at 7 p.m. each night. There will be a meal after church Sunday morning. Bro. David “Milkweed” Wotier will be the evangelist.
• Wednesday - Team Kids and business meeting 6:30 and 7:30 p.m.
• Bro. Baker’s message was from Genesis 45: 1-8, “Getting past your past.” We need to forgive and have Jesus in our life.
• April 16 – Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m.
• Happy Birthday to Morgan Thompson, Charlene Bradley, Joe Martin, Ray Morgan and Doug Brinker.
• Welcome Cissy Groff to the church family.
• We extend sympathy to the Brinker family.
Short Creek Baptist
• Sunday evening discussion has been about the “Return of Christ.” Men of God preaching His word are warning people daily about Jesus returning and people continue to ignore the message and live their lives as they choose. Only through the blood of Jesus Christ will you reach your heavenly home. Are you ready for His return?
• Sundays - Bible drills at 5 p.m. and Children in Action (grades first through sixth) at 6 p.m.
• Have you been to the Vineyard lately? The Vineyard has moved to the former Bucks or Less building at 1100 M. Street in Williamstown. For the next few weeks, Earl will be continuing his talks on the “Open” series. Sunday Celebrations are at 10:30 a.m. The Worship Band has really kicked it up a notch. Check out the church’s website at www.vineyardgc.com for the latest happenings and info on new community groups.
• “Looking at the Cross Through the Eyes of Mary, Jesus’ Mother” (John 19) was the subject of the morning message.
• Wednesdays - Ladies Bible study meets at 9 a.m. The study is the book “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.”
• April 7 - Senior Saints meet for Bible study and a potluck luncheon at 11 a.m. in the church fellowship hall.
• April 20 - Ladies in Action will meet at the home of Jeanie Broyles.
• April 24 - The Annual Community Easter Sunrise Service will be held at 7 a.m. at the Williamstown Christian Church.
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• There will be a Gospel Singing at 7:30 p.m. April 9 at 740 S. Main Street in Williamstown. For more information, call Pastor Bobby Jewell at 859-824-4922.
Williamstown United Methodist
• April 10 - Worship Service at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. with a potluck dinner in the fellowship hall at 12:15 p.m. or immediately following morning worship. Bring a side and a salad or desert because the church will be feeding a lot of people. Children’s activities are scheduled during evening worship. If transportation is needed, contact Pastor Barry. Administrative Council meeting at 12:45 p.m. or immediately following the potluck dinner. Fireproof will meet at 5 p.m. Choir practice at 6 p.m. Praise and worship band practice at 7 p.m.
April 11 – Weekly men’s prayer breakfast at 6 a.m. at Cracker Barrel in Dry Ridge. Bible study at 1p.m.
April 13 – Bible study at 6:30 p.m.