- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Cherry Grove Pentecostal Church of God
• April 24 –Sunrise Service begins at 6:40 a.m. followed by Sunday school at 10 a.m. Worship services are at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. During evening service “He is Risen” will be presented by the youth department, produced and directed by Amanda Hall and Laura Hibbard.
Christ Community A/G
• Mary Beth Dorgan brought the message about the Triumphant Entry. Jimmy Burford had the message Sunday evening.
• May 3 - Pat May will start a Bible Study at 7 p.m. at the church, 139 N. Main Street, using Joyce Meyer’s book, “The Battlefield of the Mind”. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• April 30 - The church will hold a silent auction from 1 to 5 pm. There will be food and drinks. The auction will be held to support the youth to go to camp. For more information, call Lynda Breeden at 859-445-8263.
• Services – Sundays at 10:45 a.m. and Wednesdays, Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
Clark’s Creek Baptist
• April 24 – Easter sunrise service at 7:30 a.m. Breakfast and fellowship will follow the service. Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m.
• When Jesus was crucified on Calvary, so were two other men, one on his left and one on his right. The one asked Jesus to remember him when he came into his kingdom. He believed that Jesus was the Son of God. Jesus saw his faith and told him that he would be with him in paradise. As you celebrate Easter, may God grant you the understanding of his grace and mercy.
• April 22 – Good Friday service at 7 p.m.
• April 23 – Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m.
• April 24 – Sunrise service at 7 a.m. and Easter program at 11 a.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• April 22 - Church office closed for Good Friday
• April 24 - Easter Sunday. Morning worship service starts at 10:45 a.m. Evening services are canceled.
• May 1 – Youth Sunday.
• May 3 – LYDIA group meets at 7 p.m.
Dry Ridge Christian
• April 21 - 7 p.m. Rev. Barnett will deliver the Maundy Thursday message at Crittenden Christian.
• April 23 - Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m.
• April 24 - 7 a.m. Sunrise Service led by the youth group and Chris McCoy, youth minister, followed by coffee/doughnuts. Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. Worship services at 8:30 and 10:45 a.m. Hunter Colson and Conner Williams will be baptized during morning service.
• April 21 - Maundy Thursday service with a meal provided. Meal/service begins at 6:30 p.m.
• April 24 - Easter Sunday - For the past six weeks, the church has been extinguishing a candle each Sunday signifying the suffering and agony that Jesus suffered until he was crucified. On Easter Sunday, the Christ candle will once again be re-lit, bringing the light of the One who overcame death and the grave to the world. The service begins at 11 a.m. There will be children’s church during the service. For more information at www.dryridgepresbyterian.com or call 859-824-5622.
Family Worship Center
• April 29 - Boys vs. girls! The girls will have their annual sleep over at Pastor Rachel’s doing girly things. The boys will be doing something manly somewhere else.
• May 2 – Ladies night out - at 6:30 p.m. to learn how to become a ‘Coupon Queen.’
• May 4 – Guests: Pastor David Swann. He and his wife are pastors at Faith Christian Church in Clovis, N.M.
• May 5 – National Day of Prayer. Join us as we unite as a community to pray for the nation. Sign up at the information center to volunteer in the prayer booth.
• April 24 - Easter Sunrise Service begins at 7 a.m. with a fellowship breakfast following. Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship service at 11 a.m. There will be an egg hunt after morning worship and evening services are canceled.
• April 22 - Good Friday Service at 7 p.m.
• April 23 - Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m. at Webb Park.
• April 24 - Easter Sunday worship service at 11 a.m.
Grassy Run Baptist
• April 24 - Sunrise service at 7:30 a.m. Bring in breakfast items for the guests following service. There will also be an Easter egg hunt following regular service.
• Kentucky Changers - Youth are still selling coupon books to help with their Kentucky Changers project this summer.
• Don’t forget to sign up for softball. See Tommy DeZarn for details.
• Book study - Study of the Francis Chan book, “Crazy Love” is continuing on Sunday nights.
• Pastor Pullens preached “Disappointing God” (Ephesians 4:30). Grace pulls you toward God and then mercy keeps you there. All need mercy in our lives. There are things that we know we shouldn’t do and we still do them. God will deal with and convict about things in people’s lives that need to be removed.
• Wednesdays - Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. A structured program that includes a meal, recreational activities, class time crafts and music; LBC Youth Group: Envoy for Christ (grades ninth through 12th) features fun and fellowship from from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and a Bible lesson and worship from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Thursdays – Prayer meeting and Bible study at 6 p.m.
• Sundays – Sunday school at 10 a.m.; worship services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• June 6-11 – Beach Blast Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8:30 p.m. kicks off with a beach party at the church at 1 p.m. June 4
For more information, visit lawrencevillebaptistchurch.com.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Dave “Milkweed” Woiter began the revival on April 10.
• Wednesdays – Team Kids and Bible study.
• Fridays – Youth meeting.
• April 24 - The Lord’s Supper will be observed Easter morning.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Bro. Baker’s message was from Mark 11:1-11. This is passion week and people need to recognize that Jesus fulfilled his role by his sacrifice when he gave his life on the cross.
• April 24 - Sunrise service at 7 a.m. Breakfast, Sunday school and worship at 11 a.m. No evening Services
• April 28 - Finance committee and church council meeting at 6 p.m.
• April 30 – Deacon’s meeting at 8 a.m.
• Happy birthday to Sadie Lee, Green Wagers, Hailey Ellis and Brenda Souder.
Open Door Baptist
• April 24 - Huge egg hunt for all ages at 10 a.m. Egg coloring, games and crafts to follow. Worship Service at 11a.m. Lunch provided after service. For more information, call Pastor Troy Winters at 859-803-6043 or visit the website at www.LeaveChanged.com.
• April 22 and 23 - The annual Easter cantata, “Resurrection Morning” will be presented at 7 pm. Friday and Saturday. For directions, visit www.shermanbaptist.org.
Sherman Full Gospel
• April 23 and April 24 – The public is invited to attend an Easter cantata, “The King Is Coming” at 6 p.m. Saturday and 11a.m. Sunday.
• May 8 – Southern-Aires will be singing at 11a.m.
Short Creek Baptist
• Sundays - Children in Action ( grades first through sixth ) at 6 p.m.
• April 23 - Easter egg hunt at 2 p.m.
• April 24 - Sunrise service at 7 a.m.
Tabernacle Baptist Church
• Sunday morning Brother Larry Workman preached a message using 1Samuel 2:12-36. Hannah was faithful to God and gave her son to God, where as Phinhas and Hophni were thieves and deceivers. God wants us to be faithful, but if we’re not, then he isn’t going to wait around on us until, but rather find someone who is faithful.
• April 24 – Sunrise Community Service will be at Williamstown Christian Church at 7 a.m. At WBC, Easter Sunday will begin with worship at 8:45 a.m. followed by Sunday school at 10 a.m. and then worship again at 11 a.m. Nursery and preschool are available during both Sunday school and worship. The handbell choir will play in both services. There will be no evening services.
• May 13-15 – Spring revival with Dr. Greg Heisler, professor at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday morning. The music will be led by the worship teams. Dr. Heisler is a former pastor of Vine Run Baptist Church.
• June 6-10 – Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Sunday’s message was “Looking at the Cross Through the Eyes of the Two Thieves,” Luke 23:32-43.
• Wednesdays - Ladies Bible study continues each Wednesday at 9 a.m.
• April 21 - Senior Saints will have lunch at the Greyhound Grill and spend some time with the new associate minister, Micah Montecalvo.
• April 24 - Sunrise service will be held Easter Sunday at 7 a.m. at WCC. The speaker will be Tony McKinnon of the Family Worship Center. On Sunday afternoon. the church will conduct the worship service at Grant Manor.
Williamstown United Methodist
• April 21 - Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m.
• April 22 – Good Friday service at 7 p.m.
• April 23 - Easter egg hunt at noon. Crafts, games, egg hunt and pizza! Candy-filled eggs are needed. Drop them off in the all purpose room.
• April 24 - Communitywide Sunrise Service at 7 a.m. Pancake breakfast at 9 a.m. in the all-purpose room. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3.50 for children. Call Dick Dildine for tickets at 824-9415 or e-mail him at email@example.com. All proceeds go to help the missions team. Easter worship service at 11 a.m.
• April 24 - Men’s prayer breakfast at 6 a.m. Cracker Barrel in Dry Ridge.
• Apirl 25 - Bible study at 1 p.m.
• April 27 – Bible study at 6:30 p.m.