- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• April 20 - The church is looking forward to the special services with Jeff Centers, his wife and children 7 p.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503 and Colby Carrig - 859-814-4007
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
Disciples of Christ
• All are welcome at Crittenden Christian Church. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Teach me to pray. Prayer demands effort. Our prayers to God gives a friend, a hand when needed. Prayers pulls out of one’s soul to the resources that we have and God has. Be involved with people. Faith- someone is listening all the time. Do all we can to help. Read God’s word. Prayer give us a chance to understand God. Some people nerve has heard prayer by anyone than preacher. Anyone can prayer. We have to believe in God when we pray.
• Wednesday night Bible study at 7 p.m.
• April 28 - Birthday Bash at 5:30 p.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Last Sunday, the church called Bro. Mark Payton from Louisville to be the pastor. His first Sunday here will be on May 5.
• April 14 - Business meeting following the evening worship service.
• April 16 - Day Baptist Women will meet at 11 a.m. at church.
• April 21 - Youth Sunday, the youth will be participating in the morning worship service.
• April 21 - Family Night at 6 p.m. There will not be any evening worship service.
• April 25 - The Young at Heart will be going to Jewell’s on Main for lunch and then touring the Sparta Speedway. Reservations have to be made by April 21. Cost is $4.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com.
Family Worship Center
• During the month of April, Pastor Tony will be preaching on marriage and family.
• May 6 - The May Grant County ministers at 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached about the Beatitudes. When Christians ask for blessings from God, we are asking for something fortunate to happen to us or for someone we care about. As children of God, we don’t always know what to pray for or how best to pray but if we pray with a sincere heart, the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf. We need to look at what makes us truly blessed when we pray.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Every other Sunday is Children’s Church.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship 11 a.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday church prayer at 4 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• The WMU is sponsoring Emily Dade with a class project concerning the Crisis center until Sunday, April 14. The center is a safe environment for adults and children hurt by domestic violence, rape and sexual abuse. There is a need for the following items - Diapers-all sizes, feminine products, toiletries, purses, belts, blankets, non-perishable food items. There is a container at the back of the church.
• June 23 – 28 -Vacation Bible School. If you would like to help with VBS, There is a sign-up sheet on the platform. If you have any questions please check with Greg Courtney.
• Sunday Services - Children choir practice at 9:45 a.m., Sunday School for all ages at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., discipleship training and youth on mission at 5:30 p.m., evening worship at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday - Bible study, prayer meeting and youth on mission at 7 p.m.
Visit the website www.mcbc.com to learn more about the church.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m. The church has started a new sermon series based on the best selling novel ‘The Story’, which retells the events of the Bible in chronological order in the form of a story.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) meets from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• April 13 – Spring Tea at noon.
• April 14 - Impact Lunch after second service. If you have recently started attending Mt. Olivet and have questions about how we do things or want more information on how to become a member of MOCC, attend this lunch. Childcare will be provided.
• Vacation Bible School is planned for June 2 through June 9, but you are encouraged to pre-register your children online by April 15. A special prize will be given out during VBS for those who pre-register and attend.
• June 2 through June 6 - Community Outreach Event. If you are interested in helping with this event, check out the calendar that is posted at www.mountolivetchristian.org.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s sermons: “Compromise” (Exodus 8:25) and “Prayer” (1 Chronicles 4:10)
• Deacon of the week is Lee Roy Simpson
• May 2 – National Prayer Day.
• May 12 - Mothers’ Day
• WMU Ladies!!!! Program and Dinner Bluegrass Building at Sparta Speedway. Keynote Speaker will be Linda Cooper, KY WMU President. Ladies are invited to attend and anyone else who baked cookies for events
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor Jonathon Myers.
• Sunday service at 2 p.m., Tuesday children youth service at 7 p.m., Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• We had wonderful services this past Sunday.
• April 23 - Finance committee and church council at 6 p.m.
• April 24 - Sunday School meeting at 7 p.m.
• April 25 - Senior adult dinner at 5 p.m.
• April 27 - Deacons meeting
• April 27 - Swap Meet
Don’t forget the ongoing mission projects - Operation Christmas child, Oneida Baptist school (box tops & food labels) and food pantry.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., choir practice at 5 p.m., evening worship at 6 p.m. and Ra’s and Ga’s at 6 p.m.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Sunday school at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., evening service at 6 p.m., Wednesday night service at 7 p.m.
• April 14 - The Talleys at 11 a.m.
• May 19 - Buddy Liles at 11 a.m.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Pastor Floyd Race’s message on Sunday was from Deuteronomy 4:29.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., evening worship at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
• April 14 – Southern Aires from Dayton, Ohio will be at the church at 11 a.m. with dinner to follow.
• April 20 – Singing with David Jones and Group
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• On Sunday the minister began a series of sermons on the “I Am’s” of Jesus. Sunday he preached from John 15. We need strength not to sin and we need strength to do what we should. That strength comes from Jesus, the Vine. Production doesn’t come before connection. We have to be connected to the vine. The children’s program AWANA, currently termed Kid’s Club, began Sunday night. This program is for children from kindergarten through sixth grade. It emphasizes memorization of scripture and includes, worship, games and opportunities to earn points for rewards.
• Sunday nights - Foundations for Youth which deals with Bible basics begins at noon (and includes lunch).
• April; 14 - Baby Dedication service.
• April 14 - Worship Alive! (contemporary service) at 8:30 a.m., fellowship time at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m. and UMW book club at 5 p.m.