- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• March 29 - Good Friday, the church will be open between 1 and 3 p.m. and 7 and 8 p.m. At 4 p.m. the cross will be carried along Main Street and the surrounding area. Meet in front of the church at 139 N. Main Street and proceed from there. For more information, call 859-394-2586 or 859-496-1076.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503 and Colby Carrig - 859-814-4007
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
• What are you proud of? Paul of Biblical times was proud of the Cross of Christ. The message of the Cross has the power to save all humans of their sin. Sin is everywhere. Sin is so many things. The blood of Calvary will make you clean, but you have to surrender your life to God and be baptized in the water of Christ Jesus.
Disciples of Christ
• Everyone is welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• March 21 - The Young at Heart will at 11 a.m. They will be stopping at Frisch’s for lunch at 11:30 a.m. After lunch they will go to the Conservatory in Eden Park to view the spring flower display. Their ice cream stop will be in Walton.
• March 23 - Easter Egg Hunt from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church. This is for ages up to the fifth grade.
• There will be two morning worship services on Easter Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. There will no evening services.
• April 22 - Senior Living Celebration in Richmond. The cost is $15 and reservations have to be made by March 27. Turn your name and money in at the church office.
Dry Ridge Christian
• March 29 - Community Good Friday service.
• March 30 - Monthly free supper at the church. The meal is sponsored by the Full Plate Ministry. The meal is open to all and will be served between 5 and 6:30 p.m. in the church fellowship hall.
• The sermon was on Jesus’ teaching the God as shepherd of His people, in the parable of the lost sheep (Luke 15:1-7).
• March 24 - Palm Sunday Worship at 11 a.m. Guest Pipe Organist, Diana Webb.
• March 28 - Maundy Thursday Worship and Community Candlelight Tenebrae at 7 p.m.
The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com
• March 22 -Urgency youth will be hosting individual boys and girls overnighter from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. The children will enjoy food, movies and Xbox. Locations for drop off and pick up will be announced next week. See Kaira for more information.
• March 24 - Rev. R.T. Kendall will be ministering at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. R.T. Kendall is a Kentucky ‘native son’ originally from Ashland. He is a well-known author, speaker and teacher who pastored West Minister Chapel in London, England for 25 years.
• March 31 – Easter Sunday at 10 a.m. Easter is more than bunnies and candy. Come hear the real story, because Easter has the power to transform your life.
• April 1- The April Grant County Ministers meeting will be at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh preached from Genesis in chapters 42-45. Joseph recreated similar events from his own history of being sold into slavery to test his brothers. When Judah offered his own life to save Benjamin’s, Joseph knew the brothers’ repentance was real. Joseph affirmed that God worked through their evil actions to preserve Jacob’s family.
• Sundays - Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Morning Worship at 11 a.m.
• Every other Sunday is Children’s Church.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship 11 a.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday church prayer at 4 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Ray and Marlene are still taking donations for the Easter Egg hunt.
• March 24 - Youth Association Bible Drill at 2 p.m. at Mt. Carmel Baptist. There will also be a gospel group “The Happy Travelers,” at 6 :30 p.m.
• March 30 - Annual Easter Egg Hunt
• Easter Sunday- Sunrise Service with breakfast to follow at 8 a.m. in the fellowship hall. There will be no evening services.
• June 23 through June 28 - Vacation Bible School. If you would like to help with VBS. There is a sign-up sheet on the platform. If you have any questions, see Greg Courtney.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m. The church has started a new sermon series based on the best selling novel ‘The Story’, which retells the events of the Bible in chronological order in the form of a story.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) continues to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m. and the students will meet with their small group leaders.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• March 22 – Laser Kraze with high school students at 6:45 p.m.
• March 29 - Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt at 7 p.m.
• March 31 - Easter celebration at 9:30 a.m. at the Williamstown High School.
• April 3 - Family Skate Night at Charley’s from 7 to 9 p.m. in Cynthiana If you have questions about any of these youth events, see Danny Knarr.
• Anna Thompson is the Vacation Bible School director and she is looking for volunteers to help. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out a sign up form available on the back table or on the website.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s sermons “Serving the Lord” (Matthew 25:14-21) and “Preaching the Truth” (2 Timothy 4:1-8.)
• The deacon of the week is Don Bingham 428-1877
• March 31 - Easter Sunday. The Lord’s Supper will be observed during the morning worship. The Fifth Sunday Hymn Sing will be at 6:30 p.m. with supper at 5:30 p.m..
• April 7 - Breakfast at 9 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., Sunday school at 10 a.m. There will be a deacon’s meeting after evening service.
• Beginning in April the evening worship services on Sunday and Wednesday will begin at 7 p.m.
• Happy Birthday to Gary Davis and Kalub Newman.
• April 7 - There will be an ordination service for the former youth minister at Gumlick Church.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• March 24 – The fifth Sunday hymn sing and dinner will be moved to this day. Anyone wanting to sing contact Bro. Willie or Tom.
• March 28 - The monthly senior dinner will be at 5 p.m. Bring a covered dish.
• March 31 - Easter Sunday, sunrise service will be at 8 a.m. followed by breakfast.
• Weekly events: Tuesdays - Quilting group meets at noon, Wednesdays - Prayer service at 6 p.m., Sundays - Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., choir practice at 5 p.m., evening worship and Ra’s and Ga’s at 6 p.m.
Short Creek Baptist
• Revival with Richard Collins at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on March 24 and at 7 p.m. on March 25 through March 27.
• March 24 – Happy Travelers in concert at 1:30 p.m. The church is located at 6212 Hwy 22 W in Falmouth. For more information call, 859-760-5356.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• Feeding the five thousand from John 6, was the subject of Senior Minister Gary Swick’s message at the Sunday morning service. Where God guides, He always provides.
• March 21 - Senior Saints and others will travel to Smithfield.
• March 31 - The church will hold a congregational meeting, meal at 5 p.m. and meeting at 6 p.m.
• March 24 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. Fellowship time at 9:30 a.m. Sunday School at 10 a.m. The church has five adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade, traditional worship at 11 a.m. WUMC meeting immediately following 11 a.m. service and WUMW meeting at 5 p.m.