- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503 and Colby Carrig - 859-814-4007
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
• The cup, the cross, the crown. These must be a part of our lives today. We need God in our lives today as people did back in Jesus’ time. He gave His life so we could live an everlasting life. Glorify Him, honor Him and praise Him.
• Wednesdays - Ladies Aid meeting at 6:30 pm. and Bible study at 7 p.m.
Disciples of Christ
• Everyone is welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• March 16 –Winter Jam concert in Lexington.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• March 17 - Bible Study at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. The Parable of the Lost Sheep (Luke 15:1-7)
• March 24 - Palm Sunday Worship at 11 a.m. Guest Pipe Organist, Diana Webb.
• March 28 - Maundy Thursday Worship and Community Candlelight Tenebrae at 7 p.m.
• The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com
Family Worship Center
• March 16 - Adults 18-30ish - 7:30 p.m. at the Family Worship Center for fun, food and fellowship. Childcare will be provided for $5.
• March 22 -Urgency youth will be hosting individual boys and girls overnighter from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. The children will enjoy food, movies and Xbox. Locations for drop off and pick up will be announced next week. See Kaira for more information.
• March 24 - Rev. R.T. Kendall will be ministering at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. R.T. Kendall is a Kentucky ‘native son’ originally from Ashland. He is a well-known author, speaker and teacher who pastored West Minister Chapel in London, England for 25 years.
• April 1- The April Grant County Ministers meeting will be at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
• Bro. Josh preached from Genesis Chapter 41 regarding the dreams of Pharaoh. Joseph told Pharaoh that the one true God had sent the dreams and enabled Joseph to interpret them. Ultimately God controlled and will control all things.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. Morning Worship 11 a.m.
• Every other Sunday is Children’s Church.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship 11 a.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday church prayer at 4 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• March 16 - Winter Jam at 4 p.m. at Rupp Arena. If you have any questions, see Logan Murphy or Lori Dunn.
• March 15 -16 - Immanuel Baptist Church in Cold Springs will be hosting a Men’s Conference, David Ring will be the speaker at 6 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. on Saturday. There will be preaching, singing, breakout session and food.
• If you would like to donate for the Easter egg hunt, see Ray or Marlene.
• March 24 - gospel sing with “The Happy Travelers.”
• March 24 - Palm Sunday- youth association drill at 2 p.m. at Mt. Carmel.
• March 30 - Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m.
• March 31 - Easter Sunday- sunrise service at 8 a.m. There will be no evening services.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m. The church has started a new sermon series based on the best selling novel ‘The Story’, which retells the events of the Bible in chronological order in the form of a story.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) continues to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m. and the students will meet with their small group leaders.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• March 15 – College students bowling at 6:30 p.m.
• March 22 – Laser Kraze with high school students at 6:45 p.m.
• March 29 - Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt at 7 p.m. If you have questions about youth events, see Danny Knarr.
• March 31 - Easter celebration at 9:30 a.m. at the Williamstown High School.
• Anna Thompson is the Vacation Bible School director and she is looking for volunteers to help. If you are interested in volunteering, fill out a sign up form available on the back table or on the website.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s messages this week were: “Abundance of Rain” (I Kings 18:41) and “The Master’s Touch” (Luke 8:40)
• The deacon of the week is Lee Roy Simpson 428-3423
• Evening worship services will remain at 6:30 p.m. until the end of March and will begin 7 p.m. beginning the first Sunday in April.
• March 31 - Easter Sunday. The church will have the Lord’s Supper and the Fifth Sunday Singing at 6:30 p.m. and a meal at 5:30 p.m..
• Happy Birthday this week to Jim Tiller.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• March 16 - Winter Jam at 1 p.m. at Rupp Arena. Call Becky at 391-7596 if you plan to go.
• March 24 – The fifth Sunday hymn sing and dinner will be moved to this day. Anyone wanting to sing contact Bro. Willie or Tom.
• March 28 - The monthly senior dinner will be at 5 p.m. Bring a covered dish.
• March 31 - Easter Sunday, sunrise service will be at 8 a.m. followed by breakfast.
• Weekly events: Tuesdays - Quilting group meets at noon, Wednesdays - Prayer service at 6 p.m., Sundays - Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., choir practice at 5 p.m., evening worship and Ra’s and Ga’s at 6 p.m.
Short Creek Baptist
• Revival with Richard Collins at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on March 24 and at 7 p.m. on March 25 through March 27.
• March 24 – Happy Travelers in concert at 1:30 p.m. The church is located at 6212 Hwy 22 W in Falmouth. For more information call, 859-760-5356.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• The story of Zacchaeus from Luke 19:1-10 was the subject of Senior Minister Gary Swick’s message at the Sunday morning service. Morality is more important than money. When Zacchaeus gave his life to Jesus it changed everything. What would happen if Christians did as Zacchaeus did? Test yourself, give it away.
• March 17 - Registration for the Williamstown Christian Academy will be held from 2 to 4 p.m.
• March 20 - Ladies in Action will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Cindy Walter.
• March 21 - Senior Saints trip will be to Smithfield.
• April 7 - AWANA Club will meet.
• March 16 – Winter Jam at 1:30 p.m. at Rupp Arena. The tickets are $10 per person and are purchased at the door.
• March 17 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. Fellowship Time at 9:30 a.m. Sunday School at 10 a.m. The church has five adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m.