- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Church of Christ
• July 21 – July 24 – Revival with evangelists Tommy Simpson with special music each night at 7 p.m.; minister, Gene Kearns; song leader, Kay Frost; pianist, Gary Steurer.
• July 21 - Great service on Sunday at 11 am. (Sunday School at 10 a.m.) The church will be at the Cross and Crown Church at 510 Park Ave at 2 p.m. and the next three nights at 7 p.m. for a revival. Rhonda Fields, the pastor, will be speaking. For more info, call 859-384-2586.
• Sundays - adult Bible classes and children at 10 a.m. worship at 11 a.m., prayer at 6 p.m., Kidz Zone and adult Bible study at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
• A person can be the worst sinner on Earth and God still loves and forgives. Nothing can destroy His love for us. Through trouble, hardship, percussion, famine, nakedness, swords or anything, God is there for us. You are never alone.
• July 28 - Birthday Sunday and Singspiration at 6 p.m. at Williamstown Christian Church
• Aug. 4 – Aug. 9 - Revival with Keith Short at 7 p.m.
• Aug 4 - Lunch after church.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• All are welcome at Crittenden Christian Church. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Continuing through July 28, Crittenden Christian will be hosting a free breakfast for the community every Sunday from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Brown bag lunches will also be provided to anyone wishing to take one home. All are welcome.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• July 21 - Bro. Tim Alexander will be preaching for both morning worship services.
• July 21 - Family Night at 6 p.m. Bring a side dish. There will be no evening worship services.
• Aug. 4 - The Deacons will have a monthly meeting at 4:45 p.m.
• Aug. 6 - Lydia will meet at 7 p.m.
• Sunday’s sermon on the Parable of the Lost Sheep described us, in today’s culture, as sheep lost from the Shepherd’s flock, who need to be found and brought back into the fold. However, the Shepherd can’t lead us if we don’t respond to his voice. The Summer Sermon Series continues this week with the parable of the Yeast as told in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke.
• July 30 - Members and friends will be visiting The Quilt Box in Dry Ridge. Lunch to follow. Call 859-468-2317 to learn more and make reservations.
• Aug. 4 – Founder’s Day at 2 p.m. with Diana Webb. For details and a complete schedule of events go to www.dryridgepresbyterian.com.
• Worship at 11 a.m. every Sunday.
• The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622.
• Kidz-4-G-SUS Takeover: Ever wonder what goes on at Kidz church? Join Family Worship Center at 10 a.m. on July 21 to find out. There will be games, prizes and lots of fun.
• July 28 - URGENCY Youth takes over! They will be sharing testimonies from Summer Scream, as well as testimonies from those who went on missions trips this summer.
• Aug. 6 - The Grant County Ministers meeting will be at 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center.
• July 28 – Potluck on the ground at 1 p.m. Bring a chair.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastor Pullens preached “when God exceeds himself” (Ephesians 2:20-21) Many are facing situations that they have no idea which way is up or where to turn. The answer lies within the God that you serve. Allowing God to take the stern and lead your ship in the tossing sea will always lead to victory. Seek Him and He will show up and exceed himself in your circumstance!
Church of Christ
• In Matthew Chapter 7, Jesus said we have a choice as to what gate we will go through. The narrow gate will always be wide enough for us to go through but we need a relationship with God.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday evening services at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• The church offers a food pantry on the second and fourth Tuesday at the church from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• July 21 – Pastor Monoit from Haiti will be the guest speaker. Sunday School from third grade through adult will meet in the sanctuary to hear Pastor Monoit. Then in the morning worship service, he will touch on the highlights, as well as preach.
• July 28 -”Ice Cream Social” - Bring your favorite ice cream (preferably homemade) and/or anything you think would go with it.
• The church is planning to hand out school supplies in Grant and Pendleton County if you have any questions contact Bro. Rick
Mt. Olivet Christian
• July 21 – 2 p.m. - Bridal shower for Cody Durr and Jarrod Sharp.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Pisgah Methodist
• Aug. 25 - Mt. Pisgah’s annual Homecoming.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor - Jonathon Myers.
• Sunday service at 2 p.m., Tuesday children youth service at 7 p.m., Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Wednesdays - prayer service at 6 p.m., Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m., choir practice at 5 p.m., Ra’s and Ga’s at 6 p.m., evening worship at 6 p.m.
• July 25 - The senior adult meal will at 5 p.m. Bring a covered dish.
• Aug. 10 - Going away party for Kyle Edwards will be at noon at Crittenden Park. He is leaving for basic training.
• If you are looking for a church home, we would be honored to have you visit Oak Ridge Baptist. The address is 2425 Oak Ridge Road in Williamstown. For more information, call 859-391-8557.
Church of Christ
• July 14 - The church welcomed Eric Nease as its new childrens’ minister. Eric and his wife, Tiffany, will be starting their ministry on July 28. Forty-six people were sent off to Campton for a week-long missionary outreach. They will be helping with several different mission projects throughout the week.
• July 21 - Barry Thornton from Central Christian College in Moberly, Mo. will give a report on the college’s endeavors. He will speak during the Sunday school.
• July 25 – Solid Rock from Cincinnati Christian University will be in concert at 7 p.m. Seth Gabbert is part of this group. Anyone willing to house students for the night should call Johnelle Simpson at 859-393-3362.
• July 27 and Aug. 10 - Upward 2013 flag football and cheerleading evaluations at the church from 9 to 11 a.m. for children four years to 12 years old. All children are invited to participate, for more information contact the church office at 859-428-1661, or visit the website.
• Aug. 1 – Deadline for high school seniors and those between 18 – 25 to sign up to attend Passion 2014. Sign up at www.shermancoc.org.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Service times are Sunday School at 10 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m., Sunday at 6 p.m. and Wednesday night service at 7 p.m.
• July 17, July 24 and July 31 - Teaching seminar with Blaine Bowman at 7 p.m.
• July 21 - The Bowling Family at11 a.m.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., evening worship at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
• July 21 – Bro. Hoy Bussell of Harrigate, Tenn. will be at the 6:30 p.m. service.
• Aug. 9 – Aug. 11 – Bro. Claude Gilbert will be in the revival, 7 p.m. on Aug. 9 and Aug. 10 and at 6:30 p.m. on Aug. 11.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
The Well Church
• Come and thirst no more.
• Sunday School at 5:30 p.m., youth service at 5:30 p.m., adult classes at 5:30 p.m. and services at 6:30 p.m. on Sundays.
• For more information, contact Pastor Colby Carrig at 859-824-4007 or Deacon Rick Bray at 859-801-8112.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• July 14 was Homecoming Sunday when the church celebrated 90 years in the present building.
The minister’ message dealt with courage. The question was “Do we still have the courage of our forefathers to stand for that which is right?” (Ephesians 3:20) Jonah was used as an example of failing to obey God.
• July 18 –Senior Saints are going to Kincaid Theatre.
• Aug. 1 - Senior Saints will have their monthly Bible study and luncheon.
• Rev. Burten will be featured at Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness at 7:30 p.m. July 20. All are welcome. The church is located on U.S. 25 in Williamstown.
• July 21 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m., fellowship time at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School at 10 a.m.,
The church has five adult Sunday School classes available, Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m.
• Mondays - Zumba and martial arts at 6:15 p.m.
• Tuesdays - Men’s Group at 6:30 p.m.
• Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – Youth at 6 p.m., adult Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.