- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Jan. 22 - Rhonda’s message was from Acts 3 where Peter and John went to the temple to pray and was approached by the lame man begging for alms. He got so much more than silver and gold but through faith in the name of Jesus.
• “Battlefield of the Mind at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesdays starting with lunch.
• Study the Book of Acts at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday evening.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Jan. 28 - The Deacons and their wives will have their annual dinner at 6 p.m. Cost is $15 per person.
• Jan. 29 - The Deacons will have their monthly meeting at 4 p.m.
• Feb. 7 - LYDIA will meet at 7 p.m.
• Feb. 12 - All ladies of the church are invited to attend the “Growing in God’s Fragrant Beauty” luncheon immediately following the morning worship service.
Dry Ridge Christian
• Jan. 29 - Family Movie Night at 6 p.m. The special movie being shown is “Courageous”. Snacks and drinks will be provided.
• Feb. 5 - Dry Ridge Christian will be going to the Fairhaven Rescue Mission in Covington. The church will provide a meal and join with the men at the mission in worship.
• Feb. 5 – The Superbowl Party begins at 6 p.m. at the home of Bill and Kristi Chandler. Contact Pastors Ryan or Rachel for directions or details. The 5 p.m. meeting is canceled.
• Feb. 10 - Urgency Youth will be joining some other Williamstown youth groups following the Williamstown home game from 10 p.m. to midnight at Williamstown Baptist.
• Kids you won’t want to miss Feb. 15 for the Kidz-4-GSUS Valentine’s Party. There will be games, snacks and talking about God’s love. Bring Valentine’s or a treat if you want, just be sure to have at least 15 of them.
• Feb. 6 - Grant County Ministers meeting will be at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Evangelist Atkins preached “The fourth dimension of Anointing” (I Samuel 16:1; 10-12, II Samuel 2:4, II Samuel 5:3, II Samuel 12:20-24) David had four anointing’s – identification, praise, dominion and self.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from John Chapter 1. What John the Baptist did he did for Jesus. We as Christians should speak out about Jesus and point him out to others.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m., Morning Worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Jan. 28 -Share healthy recipes at the next ladies event, “The Great Physician.” Join us for healthy snacks and a discussion on how to stay healthy physically, mentally and spiritually from 5 to 9 p.m. See Jenny Mann for details or to sign up.
• The elementary and pre-school children who participated in the hand-bell choir for Christmas are invited to Chuck E Cheese’s to celebrate their performance. Those attending will meet at the restaurant at 10 a.m. Feb. 4.
• While the elementary school students are celebrating, the middle school students are getting ready to head off to the Junior High Believe Conference. This two-day outing is Feb. 24-25. See Danny if you are interested and have not yet signed up. Any registrations taken after Jan. 15 will be accepted only if there is still space available and will be subject to a late registration fee.
• If you’re looking for some great new recipes to warm up these cold winter evenings, then we have the perfect thing for you. Mt. Olivet’s Cookbook is now completed and can be purchased for only $10.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Sermons by Bro. Paul Marksberry “The Good Shepherd” Psalm 23 and Luke 15:1-7 and “Why Me Lord?” Exodus 3:1-11 were good.
• Deacon of the Week is Jim Tiller - 428-3727.
• Jan. 29 Refreshments at 5:45 p.m. Fifth Sunday Singing at 6:30 p.m. You may wish to sing, read or give a testimony.
• Feb. 5 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. with a deacons meeting afterwards.
• Feb. 8 - Monthly business meeting.
• Feb. 12 - TEAM KIDS will have a Valentine dinner before evening worship service. We will eat at 5 p.m.
• Pastor is Mark Partin
• Call for prayer or more information at 859-824-0947.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. followed by Sunday service at 11 a.m.
• Sunday evening church at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday evening Bible study at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Jan. 26 – 29 – Revival services at 7 p.m. There will be a different evangelist each night.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Brother Greg Nimmo brought a message from the Lord about being obedient. Debbie Wagers sang a special Sunday morning.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m. followed by worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday evening services begin at 6 p.m. and Wednesday night Bible Study beginning at 6 p.m.
Stonewall First Church of God
• Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don’t believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life let it.
• Pastor is Tom Denny.
• Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m. followed by church services at 10:45 a.m.
• Wednesdays - During the Youth night prayer meeting at 7 p.m. Galatians Chapter 1 will be studied.
• Jan. 22 - Brother Larry Workman preached from 2 Timothy Chapter 3 and 4. The message brought was that time was short and Jesus was coming just like the Bible states, like a thief in the night. A question to ask yourself before Jesus comes is, are you ready for Him to come? Will He know your name?
The Vineyard Grant County
• Sunday Celebration starts at 10:30 a.m. Earl Hampton will be continuing the “Onward” series. For more info, call the Vineyard at 859-824-9400.
• Jan.26—Ladies Bible Study from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Jan. 30—Community Coupon Exchange
• Wednesday’s—Zumba Class from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
• Feb. 5—Super Bowl Party
• Feb. 7—New Community Group “The Kingdom of God” at 7 p.m.
• On this Right to Life Senior Minister Gary Swick preached from Psalm 139:13-16. He talked about what the world says about abortion and what God says.
• Jan. 22 - Steve and Ruthie Mann spoke about their plans for mission work among the Muslim immigrants in Spain. The church will be supporting their work there.
• Jan. 29 - All birthdays will be celebrated with a chili supper and a birthday cake for each month.
• Feb. 24 25 - The Junior High youth are preparing for attending Believe.This conference, sponsored by Christ in Youth, gives Junior High youth an opportunity to spend a weekend studying God’s Word.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Jan. 25 - Youth- Fireproof at 6:15 p.m.
• Adult Bible Study at 6:30 p.m.
• Jan. 27 – Leave for Winter Blitz at 4 p.m.
• Jan. 29 – Adult Sunday School at 10 a.m.
• Worship services at 11 a.m.
• Praise and worship band practice at 6:30 p.m.
• Jan. 31 – Men’s group at 6:30 p.m.