- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• The true meaning of Christmas is not about presents. It’s about God’s gift to us - a baby in cloth laying a manger in a stable. God sent His Son born of a woman to Earth to help people learn the word if Christ Jesus. He died for our sins so we could have everlasting life.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• Everyone is welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.
• Worship begins at 10:45 a.m.
• Every Tuesday-Bible Study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• The 8:30 a.m. services are cancelled until March.
• Dec. 23 - Dr. Steve Rice will be preaching. The evening services are cancelled.
• Dec. 26 – No Wednesday evening service.
• Dec. 30 - Bro. Jerry Tracy will be preaching. The evening services are cancelled.
Dry Ridge Christian
• During the month of December, Dry Ridge Christian will be hosting a “Middle Sabbath” worship service. This service will be at 7 a.m. on Wednesdays and will last approximately 30 minutes.
• The Dry Ridge Community Christmas Eve services will be at Dry Ridge Christian Church. There will be two services on Dec. 24 at 7 p.m. and the other at 10 p.m.
• Dec. 29 - The monthly Free Community Dinner will be from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
Family Worship Center
• Dec. 23 - Christmas program, “Two Kings.” at 10 a.m. Carols and candlelight communion at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 7 - Grant County Ministers meeting will be held at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Jan. 13 – Daniel Eric Groves at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Grassy Run Baptist
• Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 7 p.m.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms’ sermon titled “Light in the Darkness” concerned the tragedy of last week. When bad things happen some Christians become angry or begin to doubt that God exists. We must remember that in times of chaos, God is our refuge and strength. Jesus is the Light of the world and people need to seek the light always.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. and Morning Worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Keep the Sandy Hook Elementary School and community in your prayers. Prayer is a powerful thing.
• Dec. 23- Annual Christmas Gift to Jesus at 11 a.m. Children’s Christmas program, followed by a time of fellowship at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve service at 9:30 p.m.
• Dec. 25- Christmas Day---Happy Birthday Lord Jesus
• Dec. 26- Services cancelled
• Dec. 30- Singspiration at 6:30 p.m.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) continues to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m. and the students will meet with their small group leaders. Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays.
• Dec. 23 - Celebration of Christ’s birth. The regular morning services are at 8:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. with pre-service music for 15 minutes prior to each service. Instead of Sunday School, there will be a time of fellowship between services. Doughnuts, home baked items and juice and milk will be served.
• MOM’s Christian Daycare currently has openings for children from infant age to preschool age. The center is open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. State assistance is accepted. Call 859-824-7499 for a tour.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• “God Bless the Children” and ‘Heroes” was themessage from Kevin Richardson of the Baptist Children’s Home. A donation of money and diapers was given to help the home. He spoke to us from Matthew 18:1-6, James 1: 27, and I John 3:17-19.
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s message Sunday night was “Recognizing Who is For Us and Against Us” (Psalm 124)
• Deacon of the week Pete Spegal 428-3146
• Dec. 23 - Children’s night to sing at 6:30 p.m. with fellowship afterwards. There will be snacks and drinks and a special visit.
• Dec. 30 - Fifth Sunday Singing by the choir presenting a cantata and anyone else who has something to share at 6:30 p.m. Come for soup and other foods at 5:30 p.m.
• Jan. 6 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. before Sunday School at 10 a.m. and worship 11 a.m.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Christmas Cantata, “Mary Did You Know”at 7 p.m. Dec. 22 and 11 a.m. Dec. 23.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Pastor Floyd Race
• The message was preached by J.R. Wood. His message was on St. Matthew chapter two, about the birth of Jesus.
• Dec. 23 – Christmas dinner
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m. and dinner to follow.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• At the Sunday morning worship service children of WCC presented their Christmas play “A Christmas Spirit.” On Sunday evening a group from the church did caroling for shut-ins and the elderly.
• Dec. 23 – The church will be conducting worship services at Grant Manor.
• Dec. 24 - A Candlelight Christmas Eve service will be held at the church at 10 p.m. The service includes music, testimonials, the Lord’s Supper and the lighting of candles.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Dec. 22 - Food Pantry in the morning. Contemporary Candlelight service at 7 p.m.
• Dec. 23 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. Join us for the early morning contemporary style service. Fellowship time at 9:30 p.m. and Sunday School at 10 a.m. There are five adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for kindergarten through 12 grade. Traditional worship at 11 a.m. The children will be playing hand bells.
• Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 6 p.m.