- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Dec. 16 – Christmas party at 6 p.m. at the Country Grill.
• Bible Study for the adults and Kid Zone at 7 p.m. on Wednesday evenings.
• Adult Bible Fellowship and class for the kids at 10 a.m. and worship at 11 a.m. on Sunday. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• Light for the world darkness/Tis the season to show your light. Jesus came to the world in light so we won’t be in darkness. Let the light show through your heart because it is God.
• Bible book for the month is Proverbs.
• Dec. 23 - Christmas Cantata at 11 a.m. “ Changed By A Baby Boy”
• Dec. 23- Children’s Christmas program 6:30 p.m. Snack and sandwiches at 5:30 p.m.
• Dec. 24 - Christmas Candlelight Service at 8 p.m.
• Dec. 30 - Service at Grant Manor at 2:30 p.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Dec. 15 - The Day Baptist Women will meet at 10:30 a.m. for the mission meeting. Afterwards, they will pack the fruit trays for the shut-ins. All those providing candy and cookies, have them at the church by 10:30 a.m.
• Dec. 16 - Youth will be delivering the fruit trays and will go Christmas caroling at Grant Manor from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Dec. 16 - Bro. Gabriel Rivera will be preaching. On Sunday evening, the choir will present their Christmas Musical, “All Is Well,” at 6 p.m.
• Dec. 16 - The Deacons will have their monthly meeting at 4:30 p.m.
• Dec. 19 – The Young at Heart will go to Falmouth for lunch at Howard’s before attending Kincaid Theater.
Dry Ridge Christian
• During the month of December, Dry Ridge Christian will be hosting a “Middle Sabbath” worship service. This service will be at 7 a.m. on Wednesdays and will last approximately 30 minutes.
• Dec. 24 - The Dry Ridge Community Christmas Eve services will be at 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
• Dec. 16 - Urgency Youth will be having the annual White Elephant Gift Exchange at 5 p.m.
• Dec. 16 - Christmas Celebration with fun, games and candy.
• Dec. 23 - Christmas program, “Two Kings.” at 10 a.m.
• Dec. 23 - Carols and candlelight communion at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 7 - Grant County Ministers meeting will be held at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Grassy Run Baptist
• Dec. 16 - Christmas cantata during morning services with annual dinner following. No evening services.
• Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 7 p.m.
• Minister Nathan Bosher taught on “knock, knock, who’s there?” (Acts 12:13-16) (Revelation 3:20 and John 10:1-5,7-11) There many doors in life. People need to think ahead and ask if they open this door and go through it, will it benefit their life in Christ or is it sin that is laying at the door and waiting for them to open so it can walk right on in. Pray that God will open and close the doors in life according to His will and plan and purpose.
Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached about Jacob’s dream of a ladder in Genesis 28. Jacob did not have an easy life, and had to work hard to obtain his wealth. When he prepared to re-enter the promised land, he had to wrestle with God and finally acknowledged that the blessing he sought must come from God. Christians need to be as relentless as Jacob in seeking blessings by talking to God more and reading the Bible daily.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. Morning Worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• With the Christmas season upon us, remember it’s Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays or Merry Xmas. Keep Christ in Christmas.
• If you would like to became part of the “Prayer Warrior Ministry” there is a sign-up sheet on the table by the military wall.
• Dec. 23 - Children’s Christmas Program
• Dec. 30 - “Singspiration”
• If you’re not getting prayer request and periodic announcements via-email but would like to give Elaine Shafer your email address.
• For more information, visit the website www.themcbc.com.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) continues to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m. and the students will meet with their small group leaders. Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays.
• Dec. 16 – The Mt. Olivet Family Christmas at 9:30 a.m. in the Williamstown School Cafeteria. • Dec. 24 - Christmas Eve service at 7:30 p.m. at the church.
• MOM’s Christian Daycare currently has openings for children from infant age to preschool age. The center is open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. State assistance is accepted. Call 859-824-7499 for a tour.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul’s sermons: “Help” (Exodus 17:9) and “Born Again” (John 3:3)
• Deacon of the week Don Bingham 428-1877
• Dec. 16 - Kevin Richardson from the Children’s Home will speak during morning worship service. Donations of disposable diapers and money will be appreciated.
• Dec. 23 - Morning worship and choir Christmas music specials and that night a fellowship time
• Dec. 30 - Fifth Sunday Singing with the choir presenting Christmas cantata. Fellowship at 5:30 p.m. with soup and other goodies.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• Dec. 16 – Handbell Choir will be playing during the morning worship and celebrating the third Sunday of Advent.
• Dec. 19 – Wednesday activities will be dismissed except prayer meeting at 6 p.m.
• Dec. 23 – Preschoolers and children will share in the morning worship service. There will be no evening services.
• Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m.
• At the Sunday morning service, Senior Minister Gary Swick preached about the coming of Christ as told in John 1. Jesus came to earth as He did in order to be like us, to understand us, and to let us know that He understands us. He can say, “I know what you are going through.” He was rejected and deserted by his family and His friends, as well as by much of the world.
• Dec. 13 - Senior Saints will have their annual Christmas luncheon at Wilshire in Georgetown.
• Dec. 16 - Children of the church will present their Christmas program “A Christmas Spirit.”
• Dec. 16 - Sunday evening members of the church will go caroling to shut-ins and the elderly in the community.
• Dec. 24 - The Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 10 a.m.
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• Dec. 15 – Dec. 16 - Bro. Danny Patterson from 7:30 p.m. and at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The church is located on U.S. 25 in Williamstown.
• Dec. 16 - Worship Alive at 8:30 a.m. Fellowship time at 9:30 a.m. Sunday school at 10 a.m. Traditional service at 11 a.m. Church Christmas dinner at noon and Preschool Christmas program at 4 p.m.