- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Church of Christ
• July 21 – July 24 – Revival with evangelists Tommy Simpson with special music each night at 7 p.m.; minister, Gene Kearns; song leader, Kay Frost; pianist, Gary Steurer.
• Sundays - adult Bible classes and children at 10 a.m. worship at 11 a.m., prayer at 6 p.m., Kidz Zone and adult Bible study at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
• People can be overwhelmed by peer pressure, so they fail. Remember that God is the only one people need to please. He’s with us all the time. God is bigger than the troubles that people face. He is always there. Pray to God when you think you have failed.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• All are welcome at Crittenden Christian Church. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Through July 28, Crittenden Christian will host a free breakfast for the community from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Sundays in the fellowship hall. Brown bag lunches will also be provided to anyone wishing to take one home. All are welcome.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• July 14 - Business meeting immediately following the evening worship service.
• July 16 - The Day Baptist Women will meet at 11 a.m.
• July 21 - Family Night at 6 p.m. Bring a side dish. There will not be any evening worship service.
• The Summer Sermon Series continues this week with the Parable of the Mustard Seed as told in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke.
• July 30 - Members and friends will be visiting The Quilt Box in Dry Ridge. Lunch to follow. Call 859-468-2317 to learn more and make reservations.
• Aug. 4 - Diana Webb will play a pipe organ concert at 2 p.m. that marks the annual Founder’s Day in the sanctuary.
• Worship at 11 a.m. every Sunday.
The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com.
Family Worship Center
• Kidz-4-G-SUS Takeover: Ever wonder what goes on at Kidz church? Join Family Worship Center at 10 a.m. on July 21 to find out. There will be games, prizes and lots of fun.
First Love Community Fellowship
• First Love is now officially a chapter of the Reformers Unanimous addiction program based out of Rockford, Ill. The program was founded by the Steve Curington. There are over 800 chapters serving 30,000 people affected by addictions on any given Friday night all across the United States. It has been a lifelong vision of the church to have this type of program to help those with habits and hurts; with no hope of things ever changing. The program is free to the public and meets every Friday night at 7 p.m. If you would like to learn more about the program or know someone who is in need of help, call 859-512-3908 for the local meeting or 866-733-6768 for the intervention helpline.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastor Pullens preached “when God exceeds himself” (Ephesians 2:20-21) Many are facing situations that they have no idea which way is up or where to turn. The answer lies within the God that you serve. Allowing God to take the stern and lead your ship in the tossing sea will always lead to victory. Seek Him and He will show up and exceed himself in your circumstance!
Lystra Church of Christ
• In Matthew Chapter 7, Jesus said we have a choice as to what gate we will go through. The narrow gate will always be wide enough for us to go through but we need a relationship with God.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday evening services at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• The church offers a food pantry on the second and fourth Tuesday at the church from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Bro. Rick shared the message “God Save America”. It was a message that brought to light everything from our Founding Fathers to the way America is today.
• There is a new schedule for the Prayer Warriors to sign up.
• Tracts entitled, “God’s Bridge to Eternal Life” are located at the back of the sanctuary.
• July 14 – Choir practice at 5:30 p.m.
• July 21- Ice Cream Social (after the evening service)
• July 28- Choir practice at 5:30 p.m.
• July 31- School Flyer Handout Visitation
• For more information, go to www.themcbc.com.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• July 21 – 2 p.m. - Bridal shower for Cody Durr and Jarrod Sharp.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Pisgah Methodist
• There will be no morning service on July 14 at Mt. Pisgah. Instead, everyone is invited to join our sister church, Jonesville Methodist Church, at 10:30 for their special Homecoming. The former pastor, Bro. Wesley Putnam, will be the speaker. Lunch will be held after the service at the Jonesville Firehouse.
• Aug. 25 - Mt. Pisgah’s annual Homecoming.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor - Jonathon Myers.
• Sunday service at 2 p.m., Tuesday children youth service at 7 p.m., Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Church of Christ
• July 25 – Solid Rock from Cincinnati Christian University will be in concert at 7 p.m. Seth Gabbert is part of this group. Anyone willing to house students for the night should call Johnelle Simpson at 859-393-3362.
• July 27 and Aug. 10 - Upward 2013 flag football and cheerleading evaluations at the church from 9 to 11 a.m. for children four years to 12 years old. All children are invited to participate, for more information contact the church office at 859-428-1661, or visit the website.
• Aug. 1 – Deadline for high school seniors and those between 18 – 25 to sign up to attend Passion 2014. Sign up at www.shermancoc.org.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Service times are Sunday School at 10 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m., Sunday at 6 p.m. and Wednesday night service at 7 p.m.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., evening worship at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
The Well Church
• Come and thirst no more.
• Sunday School at 5:30 p.m., youth service at 5:30 p.m., adult classes at 5:30 p.m. and services at 6:30 p.m. on Sundays.
• For more information, contact Pastor Colby Carrig at 859-824-4007 or Deacon Rick Bray at 859-801-8112.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• July 12 – Rev. Charlie Wells will be at the church at 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 859-824-4922.
• July 14 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m., fellowship time at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School at 10 a.m.,
• The church has five adult Sunday School classes available, Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m., VBS