- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Rhonda spoke Sunday morning on Keeping a Cutting Edge using 2 Kings 6:1-7 as the scripture. Sometimes people become dull, losing their cutting edge and operate without the power of the Holy Spirit. Call on Jesus Christ for his help, go back to the place where power was lost and do the first works over, toss the flesh (wood) into the river of the spirit-filled life and reach out to the Holy Spirit when He comes.
• Tuesdays - The women are studying Joyce Meyer’s book on the “Battlefield of the Mind” at 12:30 p.m. starting with lunch.
• Wednesdays - Bible Study on the Book of Acts on at 6:30 p.m.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Jan. 15 - Paster Kathleen Daniels’ sermon was titled “Knowing”. Her message was that God knows everything about us based on Psalm 139. She also explained how Samuel got to know God (1 Samuel 3:1-20) and how Nathaniel met Jesus under the fig tree (John 1:43 - 51). God wants all of us to know Him.
• Jan. 22 - Session will meet immediately after worship.
• Sunday worship begins as 11 a.m. Call 824-5622 or visit the website www.dryridgepresbyterian for more information.
• Feb. 5 – The Superbowl Party begins at 6 p.m. at the home of Bill and Kristi Chandler. Contact Pastors Ryan or Rachel for directions or details. The 5 p.m. meeting is cancelled.
• Feb. 10 - Urgency Youth will be joining some other Williamstown youth groups following the Williamstown home game from 10 p.m. – midnight at Williamstown Baptist.
• Kids you won’t want to miss Feb. 15. Bring a friend for the Kidz-4-GSUS Valentine’s Party. There will be games, snacks and talking about God’s love for us. Bring Valentine’s or a treat if you want, just be sure to have at least 15 of them.
• Feb. 12 – Kevin Cain of Hammersville, Ohio will be preaching. Along with him, the Highlights Singing Group will perform. For more information on Highlights Singing Group, go to www.itisallabouthim.com
• Evangelist Jonathan Atkins and his family visited this past weekend. The first message he preached was titled “Don’t forget about the ugly one.” (Genesis 29:15-18 and Ruth 4:9-11)
• Rebecca was the favorite over her sister Leah, but she was considered the ugly one. Leah and Rebecca built the house of Israel. In everyday life, people have to take the “ugly” with the good and the good with the bad. Rebecca might have been the favorite but Jacob was buried next to Leah. When you accept what God has for you and that it might be a struggle to get it, then the battle is half won.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• “Not A Fan” will be shown at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 25. If you would like to join the youth for dinner before the movie, check in with Angie so they can plan to have enough prepared for dinner.
• The elementary and pre-school children who participated in the hand-bell choir for Christmas are invited to Chuck E Cheese’s to celebrate their performance.
• Jan. 28 - You can also share healthy recipes at the next ladies event, “The Great Physician” from 5 to 9 p.m. There will be healthy snacks and a discussion on how to stay healthy physically, mentally and spiritually. See Jenny Mann for details or to sign up to come.
•Feb. 24-25 - While the elementary school students are celebrating, the middle school students are getting ready to head off to the Junior High Believe Conference. See Danny if you are interested and have not yet signed up. Any registrations taken after Jan. 15 will be accepted only if there is still space available.
• Mt. Olivet’s Cookbook is now completed and can be purchased for only $10.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul’s messages were “Guarantees” (Genesis 18:20-24) and “God is a Great Man” (Genesis 37:5-10).
• Deacon of the Week is Pete Spegal 428-3146.
• Jan. 29 - Refreshments at 5:45 p.m. and the fifth Sunday hymn singing at 6:30 p.m. If you wish to sing, read or give a testimony let us know.
• Feb. 5 - Breakfast at 9 a.m.
• Happy Birthday to Lola Newman and Don Elliott.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Sunday morning services began with special music from Samantha Wainscott and Abby Eakins following a message from Bro. James Schmidt of Rabbit Hash.
• Worship services begin with Sunday School at 10 a.m. and church at 11 a.m. Sunday evening services are at 6 p.m. with Wednesday night Bible Study at 6 p.m.
Stonewall First Church of God
•Pastor is Tom Denny.
• Sunday School begins at 9:45 a.m. followed by church services at 10:45 a.m. During the Youth night prayer meeting at 7 p.m. Galatians Chapter 1 will be studied.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Jan. 19 – United Methodist Women at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 22 - Sunday School at 10 a.m.
• There is a SS class for every age. Preschool through 12th grade and four different adult classes are available as well. Visit the website for more information about our different SS classes.
• Worship Service at 11 a.m.
• If you are unable to attend church one Sunday, visit the website at www.williamstownumc.com and watch services live.
• PPR Meeting immediately following worship
• Evening Worship services at 5 p.m
• Praise and Worship Band practice at 6:30 p.m.