- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Christ Community Church is excited about the future and Rhonda has been sharing her vision. God is giving the people a mind to work and move forward.
• Sunday School is growing and starts at 10 a.m. and worship is at 11 a.m and at 6 p.m.. For more information, call 859-824-1824.
• Nov. 27 - “Share Your Gift Service” during the regular p.m. worship service.
• Nov. 27 – Monthly deacons meeting at 5 p.m.
• Dec. 4 - Immediately following the a.m. worship service, the youth will have a fundraiser dinner. Donations will be accepted.
• Dec. 4 – 11 - Week of Prayer for International Missions and Lottie Moon Offering. The goal is $7,500.
• Dec. 8 - Young at Heart will travel to Louisville to tour the Mega Caverns to see their Christmas display. Lunch will be at Beef O’ Brady’s in La Grange at 11:30 a.m. No walking is involved with this tour.
Dry Ridge Christian
• Nov. 26 - Community Dinner at Dry Ridge Christian Church from 5 to 6:30 p.m. The meal is free. Everyone is invited.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Join us for Worship every Sunday at 11 a.m.
• Visit our website (www. dryridgepresbyterian.com) to discover the history surrounding the “Church on the Dry Ridge”.
• Nov. 27 – First Sunday of Advent - The candle of Hope; Hanging the Greens during worship and trimming the tree after worship
• Dec. 4 – Second Sunday of Advent - The candle of Peace; The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper. Special Offering for Spears Soup Kitchen.
• Dec. 11 – Third Sunday of Advent - the candle of Joy.
• Dec. 18 – Fourth Sunday of Advent - the Candle of Love; caroling after worship, call Julie at 586-0066 for information.
• Dec. 21 - Candlelight Christmas service of lessons and carols, music on harp, violin, flute and the historic
Hook and Hastings pump organ and refreshments at 7 p.m.
• Dec. 18 - Family Worship Centers Christmas Production: Between the Giants. There are two pictures of Jesus. One as a cute little baby and one of a man bleeding and dying on a cross. What happens in between paints the picture of what the purpose on this earth is. ‘What’s the meaning of life?’ The answer is between Christmas and Easter.” Make plans now to attend this special production at 10 a.m.
• Dec. 5 - December’s Grant County Ministers meeting will take place at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Pastor Pullens preached “The Best Unification Story” “It’s a God thing” (Genesis 37:3-9)
• Joseph was the son of Jacob and he was loved greatly by his father. He was sold into slavery by his brothers but God gave him favor throughout his time away from his family. It was a God thing how Joseph was put into a position to later help the very brothers that had taken him away from the only life that he had known. In all you face each day, know that it’s a God thing and go on about your day.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached about Simon the Sorcerer in Acts 8. Simon thought he could use money to buy the power of the laying on of hands that the apostles had. When Peter told him to repent and pray for forgiveness, Simon asked Peter to pray to the Lord for him, rather than pray to the Lord himself. Christians personally need to pray sincerely, humbly asking for forgiveness, and always honoring God as our Father.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www,mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry sermons were: “Giving Thanks Always” (I Thessalonians 5:16, Ephesians 5:19-20 )and “Revealed” (Genesis 22:-13.)
• Deacon of the week Pete Spegal 428-3146.
• All evening services will begin 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 4 - Breakfast at 9 a.m., the Lord’s Supper in the a.m. worship service, and deacons meeting that night after Sunday p.m. service.
• Dec. 7 - Regular business meeting.
• Dec.18 - Team Kids will have a special Sunday morning
• Dec. 25 - Jesus birthday celebration and the Lord’s Supper.
Short Creek Baptist
• Youth Meetings at 5 p.m. on Sundays
• RA’s and GA’s (grades one through five) at 6 p.m. on Sundays.
• Children’s Bible Study at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays
• Nov. 13, Bro. Brad’s message “ We are thankful because we are found worthy” (Philippians 1:22-2:4)
As Christians, everyday should be Thanksgiving Day. Jesus Christ is our perfect example of thankfulness. There is a reason to be thankful; it is the will of God in Christ Jesus that we give thanks in everything.
• Dec. 18 - Christmas Play
• Giving thanks was the theme of both the music and the message at the Sunday morning worship service. After the service, there was a fellowship Thanksgiving meal and meals were delivered to shut-ins in the community.
• Nov. 26 - Bags for the Community Food Drive will be picked up on.
• Dec. 1 - Senior Saints will meet at 11 a.m. for Bible study and lunch.
• Dec. 3 – 4 - Youth are attending the Fall Retreat at Woodland Lakes Christian Camp.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Nov. 23 -Pick up pies from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Nov. 26 - Decorating the church for Christmas at 10 a.m.
Salvation Army- Ring the bells from 8 a.m.-? at Wal-Mart in Dry Ridge. There are still spots available. The times are in two-hour increments. If you did not sign up and are interested individually or as a family, contact Dick Dildine.
• If you are unable to attend church one Sunday, visit the website at www.williamstownumc.com and click on live streaming to watch live services.