- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Dec. 2 - Holiday dinner after morning services. Evening service after lunch. No night service.
• Dec. 5 - Ladies Aid Christmas Dinner at 6:30 p.m. Bring a dish.
• Dec. 5 - Bible Study at 7 p.m. Revelations chapters 1 and 2.
• Dec. 23 - Christmas Cantata at 11 a.m. “Changed By A Baby Boy”
• Dec. 23 - Youth Christmas program at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec.24 - Christmas Eve Candlelight service at 8 p.m.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• Everyone is welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Dec. 9 – Children’s Christmas Play at 10:45 a.m
• Worship times: Sunday School -10 a.m.; worship - 10:45 a.m.; Tuesday-Bible study - 10:30 a.m.; Wednesday- Revival! Rethinking church - 6 p.m. and Thursday choir practice - 7 p.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Dec. 2 - Bro. Ronnie Rains will be preaching.
• Dec. 2 - The Children’s Choir will present their Christmas Musical at 6 p.m.
• Dec. 4 - LYDIA will meet at the home of Vicki Jump at 7 p.m.
• Dec. 9 -Youth On Mission will visit Parkview Manor from 5 to 7 p.m.
• Dec. 9 - Business Meeting following the evening worship service.
• Dec. 10 – The Night Baptist Women will meet at 6 p.m. at the home of Betty Beach for the Christmas party and mission meeting.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Nov. 30 - “Members & Friends” Christmas tour of Madison, Ind. Call Julie at 859-468-2317 for details.
• Dec. 2 - Worship – Advent Candle of Hope “The Prophecy” Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, Special offering for Spears Soup Kitchen and Hanging of the Greens at 11 a.m.
• Dec. 19 - Candlelight Christmas Service, Nativity Narrative; Christmas Carols with harp, violin, flute and pipe organ at 7 p.m.
The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If we can serve you in any way, contact the church at 859-824-5622. Check www.dryridgepresbyterian.org for advent schedule.
Family Worship Center
• Dec. 3 - The December Grant County Ministers meeting 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Dec. 16 - Urgency Youth will be having the annual White Elephant Gift Exchange at 5 p.m. during the Christmas party. You won’t want to miss this.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastor Pullens preached “There goes me” (Mark 5:1-5.) This man had a legion of devils in him. But the day that Jesus showed up, all the devils stood to attention and they were under submission to Jesus. Don’t allow your past to be your present. Be thankful for what God has done for you.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from Daniel, Chapter 2, regarding the dream of King Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel praised God first for revealing the dream to him and then explained it to the king. The stone referenced in the dream is Jesus and the Kingdom that will never be destroyed is the Kingdom of God.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. Morning worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Dec. 2 - Annual Thanksgiving/Christmas Meal. The church will be providing the meat and beverages. Bring a side dish or dessert. Evening service has been cancelled
• Dec. 12 - Christmas Card Exchange
• If you would like to become part of the “Prayer Warrior Ministry,” there is an information sheet on the table in the prayer room. If you have any questions see Pastor Rick.
• The Harrison County Ministerial Association is planning to distribute Christmas Food Boxes and is in need of 100 boxes of stuffing. If you would like to donate one to two boxes, bring to the church on or before Dec. 2, to be delivered on Dec. 5. If you have any questions, contact Rhonda Caldwell.
• If you are looking for a church home we would love to have you. If would like to know more about Mt. Carmel Baptist or maybe hear some sermons visit the website at www.themcbc.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s sermons: “ The Perfect Name” (Matthew 1:20) and “Friendship” (I Samuel 18:1-4.)
• Deacon of the week Jim Tiller 428-3727
• Dec. 2 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. worship and Sunday School at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
• Dec. 2 - Kevin Richardson, from the Baptist Children’s Home will be the guest speaker Sunday morning. There will be a love offering and donations of disposable diapers are needed.
• December will begin the month for the Lottie Moon Christmas Mission Offering.
• Happy Anniversary to Ron and Shawna West and Dick and Nancy Austin.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. • Sunday evening services at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Remember to bring in any non-perishable items throughout the month.
• Senior adult activities have been canceled for November.
• Dec. 1 - Deacons breakfast and monthly meeting at 8 a.m.
• Dec. 5 - Youth Rally at 6:30 p.m. at the Williamstown Baptist church.
• Dec. 9 - All items for the children Christmas care packages are to be turned in at the church
• The Lottie Moon offering will be taken each Sunday through the month of December. The church goal is $1,000.
• Sunday school 10 a.m. Morning worship 11 a.m.; evening worship 6 p.m. and Wednesday Bible Study and prayer service 6 p.m.
• For more information about the church, call Rev. Willie Ailstock 859-391-8557
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., Worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• The Sunday morning message dealt with Paul’s final days and was from 2 Timothy 3 and 4. From these passages we can learn four responses: keep on enduring even when we have trials; keep reading the Scripture for it inspires us; preach the Word; share the good news; be ready to give an answer and keep on “traveling” with God.
• Dec. 9 - Gifts for the Giving Tree are due.
• Dec. 16 - The children will present a Christmas play on during the 10:30 a.m. worship service.
Williamstown United Methodist
• Dec. 2 -Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. Join us for the early morning contemporary style service. Fellowship Time at 9:30 a.m. in the fellowship room. Sunday School at 10 a.m. There are five adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for kindergarten through 12 grade. Traditional Worship at 11 a.m.
• Dec. 2 - WUMC KIDS! We’re decorating Christmas ornaments at noon and UMW Book Club at 5 p.m. Current book: Crazy Love by Francis Chan.