- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• God answers prayer. The 24-hour prayer chain started Friday, Oct. 26 and continued through Saturday, Oct. 27. Sunday morning’s service was charged with the presence of the Holy Spirit and one young man was saved.
• Sunday evenings are mostly devoted to prayer as we seek God to save souls and heal the hurting at 6 p.m.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• All people are welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. Folks from all walks of life are invited to join the congregations on their journey of faith. To learn more about the church, contact the Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Worship times: Sunday School -10 a.m.; worship - 10:45 a.m.; Tuesday-Bible study - 10:30 a.m.; Wednesday- Revival! rethinking church - 6 p.m. and Thursday choir practice - 7 p.m.
• Are we leading to the road to corruption? Remoing our eyes from the images of God keeps so many people out of church. Who is our true God? The one we worship with every Sunday in His house. We need to listen to His word. Give God our full attention. He loves us through everything we do.
• Nov. 4 - Operation Christmas Shoebox collection.
• Nov.7 - Ladies Aid Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
• Nov. 4 – Bro. Jim Boggs from WIOK, who says at the end of every broadcast “I do believe in miracles,” will be preaching for the night service at 6 p.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Nov. 4 - Bro. Steve Rice will be preaching.
• Nov. 6 - LYDIA will meet at 7 p.m.
• Nov. 7 - The church council meeting - 4:30 p.m.
• Nov. 10 - The youth will attend the FCA Event, “Weekend of Champions.” They will leave the church at 10 a.m.
• Nov. 11 - Operation Christmas Child boxes are due back at church.
• Nov. 11 - Bro. Kyle Yankey will be preaching.
• Nov. 11 - All youth will be doing the community trash pickup following the 10:45 a.m. worship service.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Sunday’s sermon was entitled, “The New Covenant of Grace Through Faith” based on Hebrews 10:19-25.
• Nov. 4 – worship at 11 a.m., Sacrament of Communion and Spears Soup Kitchen offering
• Nov. 11 – worship at 11 a.m. and congregational meeting at 12:15 p.m.
• Dry Ridge Presbyterian is located at 15 Warsaw Ave. in Dry Ridge. For more information call 859.824-5622 or go to www.dryridgepresbyterian.com.
Family Worship Center
• Nov. 4 - Blaine Bowman and His Good Time Band will perform at 10 a.m.
• Nov. 14 – Special worship and Communion service at 7 p.m. in light of Thanksgiving.
• Nov. 12 - Grant County Ministers meeting at 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastor Pullens preached “enduring some pain to sustain” (Genesis 28:10-12) People try to fix their situations without praying about them and asking God what he would have them do. Jacob wrestled in the midst of his pain and didn’t give in until he received his blessing. Hold on, press forward, endure until you’ve reached the end.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from Second Kings Chapter 1 concerning Elijah and King Ahaziah. The third captain sent by King Ahaziah recognized that Elijah was the bearer of the word of God and asked for respect for his life. Christians should exhibit respect in the way we treat God’s agents because that indicates how we really feel about God, the church, and our fellow Christians.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. and Morning Worship 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Nov. 5 - Baptist Women’s Day of Prayer
• The WMU will be collecting shoeboxes as part of the Samaritan’s Purse Ministry on Nov. 4. If you have any questions please see any of the WMU ladies.
• The church is updating the birthday/anniversary list there are papers on the platform in front and in classrooms, for more information see Carolyn Paynter.
• The Harrison Country Ministerial Association is planning to distribute Christmas Food Boxes and is in need of 100 boxes of stuffing. If you would like to donate one to two boxes, bring them to the church on or before Dec. 5. If you have any questions, see Rhonda Caldwell.
• The subject of “Heaven” is being studied Sundays at 5:30 p.m. Outlines are available.
• Visit the website at www.themcbc.com.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. A sermon series called “What Makes A Difference” is beginning.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) will continue to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. and the students will then meet with their small group leaders as well as worshiping as a large group.
• Adult Bible study began from 7 to 8 p.m. on Oct. 3 and other home small groups will be starting back up soon,
• Nov. 2 - High school main event will be on at 6 p.m. See Danny if you have questions about these events.
• Nov. 3 - Annual Harvest for Haiti mission
• Nov. 5 - The middle school group will have a Nerf War from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Dec. 7 – 9 - Annual Appalachian Christmas Mission Trip.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Jim gave the devotion on “Serve God” (Romans 5) and Bro. Paul gave messages on “God’s Plan” (Matthew 1:18-23) and “Talents” (Matthew 25:14-30)
• Nov. 4 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. and there will be a deacon’s meeting after Sunday night service.
• Nov. 7 - Regular business meeting
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Day Ministries Full Gospel
• Located at 1212 N. Main Street in Midway Plaza.
• Sundays – Church at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays – Bible Study at 7 p.m. Come as you are and worship with us.
Short Creek Baptist
• Oct. 28 – Oct. 31 -Revival with evening services at 7 p.m. and on Oct. 28 at 6 p.m. Guest speaker is Richard Collins. There will be special music.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., Worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.