- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Sundays - adult Bible classes and children at 10 a.m. worship at 11 a.m., prayer at 6 p.m.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leaders Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503 and Colby Carrig - 859-814-4007
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night.
• Caring For Others: Do we care and do for others for the right reasons? Don’t do it unless you mean it. God commands that Christians help others. Show God’s love and help other with the right attitude.
• June 30 - Birthday Sunday/service at 2:30 p.m. at Grant Manor
Disciples of Christ
• All are welcome at Crittenden Christian Church. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Beginning Sunday, July 7 and through July 28, Crittenden Christian will be hosting a free breakfast for the community every Sunday from 10 to 10:45 a.m. in the fellowship hall. Brown bag lunches will also be provided to anyone wishing to take one home. All are welcome.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• June 30 - Evening worship service at 5:30 p.m. The church will be installing Bro. Mark Payton as the new pastor. The choir from St. Paul Baptist Church at Shively Heights will be performing. Bro. Joseph Payton and Bro. Lincoln Bingham will be bringing the message. Afterward there will be fellowship. Bring finger foods or desserts.
• July 1 - Church wide visitation and will be going to the homes of the children who attended Bible School. For those of you who taught in Bible School, it is a good chance to visit the children that were in your class and invite them and their family to the church services. Meet at church at 6 p.m.
• July 2 - Lydia - 7 p.m. at church.
Dry Ridge Christian
• The evening service, “116”, held a weekend revival last weekend at the Grant County Park.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Sunday’s worship and hymn sing featured biblical wisdom of numerous time-honored hymn of the faith, accompanied by guest musician Diana Webb on the pipe organ. The summer sermon series, “Finding Ourselves in the Parables of Christ”, continues June 30 with Jesus’ parables of the Great Pearl and the Hidden Treasure.
• Aug. 4 Diana Webb will play a pipe organ concert at 2 p.m. that marks the annual Founder’s Day in the sanctuary.
• Worship at 11 a.m. every Sunday.
• The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com
Family Worship Center
• June 30 - Special guest - Jen Tringale.
• July 3 - There will be no Wednesday evening service.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
• Pastor Pullens preached: How often have you set God aside saying you don’t have time, that its not convenient to serve God? There is a war - every time it’s church time or time to pray or when you feel the need to worship or fast. the time to pray, there is a war. Are you standing firm and giving Jesus the time of day He deserves?
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from Matthew 6 concerning worry. There’s a difference between concern and worry. Concern is when you can do something to help a situation, so you do what you can do. Worry is when you can’t do something, but you won’t leave it up to God. He wants us to trust Him and live a Christian life here on earth.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Bro. Jim spoke from Revelation on “Are you ready?”
• July 10 – Business meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday evening services at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• The church offers a food pantry on the second and fourth Tuesday at the church from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• June 28 – VBS Commencement at 6:30 p.m.
June 30 - There will be a calendar planning meeting at 4:30 p.m. If you lead any ministries or departments, begin thinking about events you would like to place on the calendar for July through December. The meeting will be Bettye Adams’ Sunday School classroom.
• There’s a new schedule for the Prayer Warriors to sign up on the date and which service they desire. The sheet is in the connector hall.
• June 30 - “Singspiration” during the evening service. This is a time of praise through song and testimony. If you plan on sharing a song, there is a sign-up sheet on the platform.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m. The church has started a new sermon series based on the best selling novel “The Story,” which retells the events of the Bible in chronological order in the form of a story.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) meets from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• Keep up with friends and family on Mt. Olivet Christian Church’s Facebook page. Be sure to ‘like’ the church at www.facebook.com/MountOlivetChristianChurch.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s sermons: (Jeremiah 42:2-7) and (Proverbs 30:24-28)
• Deacon of the week Jim Tiller 428-3727
• Happy Birthday this week to Rebecca Hoppe and Jerry Varner
• Prayer meeting at 7 p.m. on Wednesday night.
• June 30 - Sunday School at 10 a.m., worship service 11 a.m., supper for fifth Sunday singing at 6 p.m. and singers and other specials at 7 p.m.
• July 7 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. and a deacon’s meeting after worship time.
• July 10 - Monthly business meeting
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor - Jonathon Myers.
• Sunday service at 2 p.m., Tuesday children youth service at 7 p.m., Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Sherman Church of Christ
• June 30 - Light it up for Freedom Blast from 3 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Cookout, games, inflatables, cornhole, horseshoes, fellowship and fireworks. The church is located at 1055 Sherman Mt. Zion Road in Dry Ridge.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Service times are Sunday School at 10 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m., Sunday at 6 p.m. and Wednesday night service at 7 p.m.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., evening worship at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• Sunday’s sermon was the conclusion of the series on Faithful Families. Faithful families must have Jesus as the foundation, a Christ-centered marriage and children who understand parents’ purpose. Jesus has to be Lord of all.
• June 23 - WCC conducted worship services at Grant Manor Sunday afternoon.
• July 7 – July 12 - The North American Christian Convention will be held in Louisville.
Williamstown United Methodist
• June 27 - Preschool Advisory Board Meeting at 8 a.m.
• June 30 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m., fellowship time at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School at 10 a.m.,
The church has five adult Sunday School classes available, Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m., VBS Committee meeting at noon immediately following second service and PPR meeting at 5 p.m.
• In the Beginning Preschool is accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year. See Tracy Goe or Laura Epperson (823-5171) for a registration packet.
• Mondays - Zumba and martial arts at 6:15 p.m.
• Tuesdays - Men’s Group at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – Youth at 6 p.m., adult Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.