- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• God has given us a message of salvation. The message of the cross is the gospel, the good news about Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection for sin. God has given us all the message of salvation. Are you doing all you can to receive the message?
Clarks Creek Baptist
• Oct. 20 through Oct. 22 - Bro. Scotty McDowell will be holding a revival. Each service begins at 7 p.m., with the exception of Saturday night service and it will begin with a meal at 6:30 p.m.
• Special music nightly, along with the Creative Ministry Team performing one night.
• Oct. 23 - Trunk or Treat at 4 p.m. Decorate the trunk of your car and give away candy. Prizes will be awarded for the most original, funniest and scariest trunks. Free photos of trick-or-treaters will be taken. For more information, call Pastor Jerry 859-428-2210
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Oct. 16 - Family Night at 6 p.m. Bring a covered dish.
• Oct.18 - The Day Baptist Women will meet at 12:30 p.m. for their Eliza Broadus video. They will go on to the Personal Care Home for activity.
• Oct. 29 - Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot from 6 to 8 p.m. Free hot dogs and drinks in the youth center.
• Build A Wall for Thanksgiving. Don’t forget to bring your items to church each week for the wall.
• Operation Christmas Child boxes are available in the church foyer. Fill them with gift items and bring them back to church no later than Nov. 13.
Dry Ridge Christian
• Church Office hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mon. and Wed. and 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday.
• Oct. 16 – Fellowship breakfast at 9:30 a.m.
• Oct. 16 - Annual hayride. Meet at 3 p.m. at the Dills’ home at 550 Dry Ridge Mt. Zion Road. Weiner roast at the Hassmans’ on Boltz Lake
• Oct. 18 – Christian Women’s Fellowship
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• 10 a.m. - Adult Sunday Class (“Grounded in Scripture”)
• 11 a.m. - Worship (sermon series “The Evangelism of the Apostle Paul”)
• Oct. 16 - Guest organist Diana Webb plays the historic Hook and Hastings pipe organ in worship.
• Oct. 23 - Session Meeting at 1:30 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
• Oct. 30 - Reformation Sunday
• Nov. 6 - Communion Sunday
Family Worship Center
• You Glow Girl - Oct. 27-29 - Ladies, now is your chance to go and enjoy a conference close to home…ladies only. Ladies will be traveling to the Thursday and Friday p.m. service, leaving FWC at 5:45 p.m. If you would like to attend, see Ms. Kim immediately after service.
• Grant County Ministers – The next Grant County Ministers meeting will take place at 10 a.m. Nov. 7 at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
Grassy Run Baptist
• Oct. 12-16 - Revival will be held. Bro.Greg Nimmo will be the evangelist and One Hope will be leading the music. Services will begin at 6:30 pm nightly except for Oct.16 will be at 11am.
• Oct. 15 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Church clean up day.
• Oct. 16 - Soup and sandwich meal following services.
• Oct. 23 – Coat Drive at 4 p.m.
• Shoeboxes needed for the Shoe Box Christmas campaign.
• Pastor Pullens preached “Hell has a warrant for your arrest” (II Kings 6:13-15). There will be times that the enemy will start to bring up the past. Being a child of God changed all that. Those sins are covered under the blood the day that you gave your life over to God and were baptized in his precious name. There may be things in your past that will haunt you but remember they’re covered in the blood.
• Oct. 28 - Knoxville Baptist Church’s puppet ministry will be participating in the Grant County News/Grant County Parks and Recreation “Monster Mash” Halloween in the Park
• Nov. 5 - Fall Festival at 4:30 p.m. at Knoxville Baptist Church featuring hay rides, a bonfire, games, costume contests and much more.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh preached concerning Habakkuk who prayed to God asking why the wicked were not being punished. Habakkuk did not get the anwser he was looking for, just as the prayers of Christians are not always answered in the way they expect. Wait patiently, live by faith and trust in God.
• Sundays – Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Forty Days of Purpose will conclude Oct. 23 with a special gathering for sharing and fellowship by the participants.
• Sunday Night Remix is off and running. Sometimes Sunday mornings just don’t work into your schedule, so when that happens join Mt. Olivet at 6 p.m. for Sunday Night Remix. It is the same message, same communion, offering, same children’s programming, with a bit different style of praise and worship in a more relaxed atmosphere.
• Wed. nights - The middle school and high school students meet 6 p.m. for dinner, worship, and large a small group activities.
• Oct. 26 - Trunk R Treat will be on Wednesday evening, at MOM’s Christian Daycare, 39 Warsaw Ave.
For more information and a complete calendar of events, please see www.mountolivetchristian.org
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry’s sermon “The Fall of a Good Man” (2 Peter 3:9-10) and “When the Lord Calls” (1 Samuel 3:1.)
• The deacon of the week is Lee Roy Simpson 428-3423.
• Oct. 20 – Visitation. Meet at church 5:30 p.m.
• Treats are needed for the Grant County News/Grant County Parks Monster Mash at 6 p.m. Oct. 28 at Grant County Park.
• Oct. 30 - Fifth Sunday - fellowship meal at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m..
• Happy Anniversary Don and Brenda Elliott and Don and Fredericaka Bingham.
Short Creek Baptist
• Oct. 2 - Bro. Brad’s two messages were on “Satan the Deceiver”. Since the beginning of time Satan has been lying and deceiving by sowing seeds of doubt whether God can be trusted. Jesus Christ died for you, accept him today and put Satan behind you.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
The Vineyard Grant County
• Have you been wondering what the Vineyard is like but haven’t been able to make it on Sunday morning? We have a new opportunity for you to check out the Vineyard. It’s called 2nd Chance Church and it’s at 7 p.m. on Monday nights at the Vineyard at 1100 Main Street in Williamstown.
• Sundays - Vertical Youth Group meets at 12:30 p.m. for middle school and high school students.
• Wednesday’s at 7 p.m. - Community groups at the Vineyard. The classes are Seek, Finance, Boundaries, and Kingdom of God.
At the Sunday morning worship services, Minister Gary Swick preached from 2 Samuel 21:15-17; 22. Near the end of his life, David stopped being a warrior and continued writing songs of praise to God. Age is loaded with spiritual resources. Instead of clinging to youth and longing for lost energies, older Christians should become a “lamp,” serving in various ways and being an example to others.
• Oct. 23 - Fall Festival will be held at the home of Brenda and Darrell Caldwell on Sunday afternoon
• Oct. 31 - WCC will have an outreach ministry with “Trunk or Treat” in the church parking lot.
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• Oct. 14 – 16 - Revival will be held featuring Bro. Gerald McCoy. Services will be held nightly starting at 7:30 p.m. For more information call Rev. Bobby Jewell at 824-4922
Williamstown United Methodist
• Oct. 12 - Media Team Meeting at 4:30 p.m.; Trustee’s Meeting at 5:15 p.m. in the Chipman Building; Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. and Youth Bible Study “Do Hard Things” at 7:30 p.m. at Chaz and Nikki’s house. For Jr.’s and Sr.’s; see Chaz for more information.
• Oct. 16 - mission team meeting at noon; Charge Conference at 3:15 p.m.; evening worship service at 5:00 p.m. Children’s activities will be provided; Fireproof (HS Youth) at 5 p.m. ; choir practice at 6 p.m.
• Oct 17 - Men’s prayer breakfast at 6 a.m. at Cracker Barrel