- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Oct. 7 – Homecoming at 2 p.m. at the church located on Lawrenceville Rd. in Holbrook.
• Oct. 14 – 17 – Revival at 7 p.m. with Brother Scotty McDowell.
• Oct. 6 – First meeting of Atomic Youth, with a cookout outside of their “Bomb Shelter” (the youth room in rear of the church) at 6 p.m.
• Oct. 4 - Mid-week Bible Study starts at 7 p.m. on Wednesday evenings. The kids will meet in their own area.
• Worship service at 11 a.m. on Sundays following Sunday School at 10 a.m.
• Prayer services at 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Clarks Creek Baptist
• Oct. 5 – 7 - Revival at 6:30 p.m. nightly and at 11 a.m. on Oct. 7 . Special music nightly. The Creative Ministry Team will also be performing. Bro. Billy Howell will be the evangelist from Clear Creek Baptist College in Pineville.
• Listen carefully to what Jesus teaches. Those who hear have a responsibility. Hearing is a serious matter. Hearing is not to be taken lightly.
• Oct. 7 - Church picnic and birthday dinner from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Wainscott’s Farm. Night service will be there.
• Oct. 31 - Treats-n-Trunks at church.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Oct. 8 – Church-wide outreach at 6 p.m.
• Oct. 9 - The Night Baptist Women meet at 6 p.m.
• The annual “Build a Wall of Thanksgiving” is underway. Items can be brought in each week. The food baskets will be distributed on Nov. 17.
• The church will hold Trunk-or-Treat in the church parking lot.
• Operation Christmas Child boxes are available now. Take as many as you would like to fill for needy children around the world. All boxes are due back at church Nov. 11.
Dry Ridge Christian
• Oct. 7 - Felicity Spicer will be in concert. She is a cancer survivor and will be presenting her testimony.
Come join us at 10:45 a.m. to listen and be blessed.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Sunday’s sermon, “Speak Forth in Wisdom” was based on the Epistle of James 3:13-18 and the necessity of seeking God’s heavenly wisdom rather than relying on the wisdom of the world. For the month of October, the sermon series will be on the Letter to the Hebrews.
• Oct. 7 - “God Speaks By His Son” ((Heb. 1:1-4) The Sacrament of Communion, monthly offering for Spears Soup Kitchen and 11 a.m. Worship
• Oct. 14 - Special guest Jen Tringale at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship at 6:30 p.m.
Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from First Kings Chapter 18 regarding Elijah’s miracle with the water and fire. Elijah’s simple earnest prayer to God accomplished what all the false prophets could not accomplish with their frantic efforts. The lesson for Christians is that it’s not how hard you pray, it’s to whom you pray.
• Sundays - Sunday School 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. morning worship.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Oct. 6 - The Associational Brotherhood has scheduled a trap shoot at noon at the picnic area of Pleasant Green Baptist Church.
• Oct. 7 - Shoebox Collection starts.
• Oct. 13 - Youth and Men on Mission will be building two beds. This is a follow-up project to KY Changers.
• Oct. 14- Pastor Appreciation Day.
• Anyone who has served or is still serving in the military remember that Ray Riley will need a photo of you during your service. You will get the photo back.
• Sunday - 10 a.m.- Sunday School (for all ages), 11 a.m.- Morning Worship, 4:30 p.m.- Pastor’s and Deacon’s Meeting, 5:30 p.m.- Choir Practice, Discipleship Training, Youth for Christ and 6:30 p.m. - Evening Worship
• Monday - Women on Mission at 7 p.m.
• Wednesday - Prayer Meeting and Youth Service at 7 p.m.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 a.m. and 11a.m. A sermon series called “What Makes A Difference” is beginning.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) will continue to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. and the students will then meet with their small group leaders as well as worshiping as a large group.
• Oct. 17 - Annual Trunk-R-Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. at MOM’s Christian Daycare.
• Oct. 21 - The MOCC Family Reunion at the Eibeck Lane property. There will be worship, lunch and family fun. Watchman will be in concert.
• Oct. 31 - Serving from 5:45 to 7 p.m. at the Madison Avenue Soup Kitchen.
• Nov. 3 - Annual Harvest for Haiti mission
• Dec. 7 – 9 - Annual Appalachian Christmas Mission Trip.
• Bro. Paul’s message Sunday morning was from Philippians 4:3-4.
• Deacon of the Week Jim Tiller 428-3727
• Oct. 7 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. and then Sunday School and morning worship
• Oct. 10 - Regular monthly business meeting
• Oct. 25 – Oct. 27 - Church Revival with Bro. Scotty McDowell as the evangelist beginning each
night 7 p.m.
• Happy Birthday to Amber Newman, Ray Spegal, and Ella Jo Schulder this week.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway Street in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Day Ministries Full Gospel
• Located at 1212 N. Main Street in Midway Plaza.
• Sundays – Church at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays – Bible Study at 7 p.m. Come as you are and worship with us.
Shiloh Full Gospel
• Sunday evening speaker was Sanford Walker, Jr. The message “In the Spirit of the Lord” was from St. John 4:23-24.
• Oct. 9 – Business meeting at 7 p.m.
• Oct. 13 – Men’s meeting at 9:30 p.m.
• Oct. 19 – Hayride and wiener roast at 6 p.m.
• Oct. 23 – Services at Owenton Manor at 2:30 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main Street in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney and co-pastor Gary Tucker.
• Sunday School 10 a.m., Worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Wednesdays at 7 p.m. We would be happy for you to join us.
• God loves you and so do we
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• Last Sunday was Youth Sunday and the young people of the congregation led the worship service. The minister’s message was from Chapter 22 of The Story--the birth of Jesus. God loved us enough to come to earth to save us. Today our world is just as crowded as Bethlehem was the night Jesus was born. God knocks. He comes offering us everything. But you have to let Him in.
• Each Sunday, a program is available for children ages kindergarten through fifth grade, providing food, Bible study, and activities at 6 p.m.
• Oct. 4 - Senior Saints will meet for Bible study and a potluck lunch.
• Oct. 21 - The fall festival will be at the home of Brenda and Darrell Caldwell.
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• Oct. 6 – Oct. 7 – Featuring Rev. Jerry Huffman at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday.
• Pastor is Rev. Bobby Jewell.
• Oct. 7 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. Join us for the early morning contemporary style service.
• Fellowship time at 9:30 a.m. Join us for snacks, hot coffee and lots of fellowship.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. Four adult Sunday School classes and Sunday School classes for kindergarten through 12 grade are available.
• Traditional worship at 11 a.m.
• Charge Conference at 2 p.m. District Superintendent will be here to lead us in service and in the business of the church body.
• UMW Book Study at 5 p.m. To all WUMC ladies, come and join us this Sunday for the book club where we will be studying Crazy Love by Francis Chan.