- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Sundays – Sunday school at 10 a.m., worship and kids church at 11 a.m. and Sunday evening prayer at 6 p.m. For more information, call 859-394-2586.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594 and Pastor Randy Robinson – 859-414-7253
• Youth Leader Daniel Coomer - 859-443-2503
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m. Youth group service at 6:30 p.m. every Sunday night; Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
• Oct. 9 - Skyline from 5 to 8 p.m. Church 20/20 will get 20 percent of the proceeds to send Shoe Boxes for Operation Christmas Child. There will also be a bake sale there.
• Oct. 6 - S.W.A.G. Youth Group start to sell World’s Finest Chocolate Bars for their T-shirts and purity rings.
• Wednesday Evening Kids activities: TeamKid from 5 to 7 p.m. Pre-school through sixth grade (games, Bible stories, recreation). Dinner will be provided each Wednesday; Mission Friends, GA, RA’s, Youth for Christ from 7 to 8 p.m.
• There is too much fighting, fussing and jealously going on in church’s today. Everyone wants to be in control. The church belongs to Jesus Christ and no one else. Jesus Christ is the head of church. Jesus Christ our Lord loves us all. He just wants your love in return.
• Wednesday night Bible study at 7 p.m. (Luke 3 and 4)
• Oct. 6 - Church picnic at Ronnie Wainscott’s farm after church. Bring a dish.
• Pastor Gary Gross
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m., evening service at 6 p.m. and at 6 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Crittenden Christian Disciples of Christ
• Oct. 5 - October is Music Celebration Month. October Community Songfest at 6 p.m. in the sanctuary.
• Oct. 6 - Come hear the choir make a joyful noise.
• Oct. 13 - Cello concert from guest musician Laura E W Johnson.
• Worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Oct. 6 - Amy Lambert Templeton will be singing in the morning worship services. Templeton sings gospel music and one of the few female vocalists who climbed to the top 10 on the national charts with her first two singles. She has won several awards throughout her career. She lives in Boone, N.C. with her daughter, son and husband.
• Oct. 6 - Build-A-Wall for the Thanksgiving boxes starts next Sunday. Your item to bring is a box of stuffing for the boxes.
• Oct. 6 - Deacons monthly meeting at 5 p.m.
• Oct. 8 - The Night Baptist Women 6 p.m.
• Oct. 13 - Business meeting at 7 p.m.
Dry Ridge Christian
• On Sept. 28, the Full Plate ministry of the church served approximately 160 people. This was done as part of the monthly community free dinner.
• Oct. 6 - Members of the church will go to Fairhaven Recue Mission in Covington. We will serve a meal to the men of the mission and enjoy a worship service with them.
• Worship at 11 a.m. every Sunday. Traditional worship (including children’s church). Fall sermon series: The Gospel according to Luke.
• Sundays - Adult Bible study 10 a.m. For September - “David, King of Israel” from I and II Samuel and for October - Book discussion on ‘Killing Jesus’ by Bill O’Reilly.
Family Worship Center
• Wednesdays on the 8’s at 6:58 p.m. Satur8, Elev8, Activ8 and Celebr8.
• Oct. 7 - The Grant County Ministers meeting will be at 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Oct. 31 – Trunk or Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. The church will have a safe environment for your kids and lot of candy!
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m; Wednesday Bible study at 7 p.m.
• Sympathy is extended to the family of Gordon Scott.
• Nov. 5 - Richard Leo Dietz memorial service at 2 p.m. Deitz died on Sept. 22, 2013. Deitz was a member of God’s Community and was a wonderful man who was willing to lend a hand whenever someone needed help and will be greatly missed.
• Bro Nathan Bosher preached “somehow it’s got to happen, for the second time!” (Jonah 1:1-2; Jonah 3:1-2; Matthew 13:58, 14:31; Matthew 11:7-9,14; 2 Corinthians 5:7) You may have want things your way, but God has other options. Anytime you go away from the will of God you will find yourself in a state that you don’t want to be in. There will be a lot of learning on the paths that you take, whether they be of your own will, or the will of God.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Proverbs 30:24-28 speaks of four creatures that are small in size but amazing in behavior. As Christians, we should prepare ourselves for judgment, be confident in the Lord, have a oneness in spirit, and plan for eternity in the Heaven that is prepared for us.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
• Oct. 6 – Oct. 9 - Revival featuring evangelist and chalk artist of Rhinehart, La. “Edifying Christ International”
• Rev. Scott McDowell and Pastor Jeremy Northcutt.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. and Sunday evening services at 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday Prayer Meetings at 6:30 p.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
Oct. 6 - The Shoebox Ministry begins
• Food drive begins listed are the dates and items to be collected:
• Oct. 6 - Week 4 - “Box Week 2 (carbs)”- spaghetti/macaroni/crackers.
• Oct. 13 - Week 5 - “Personal Hygiene Week”- soap/toothpaste/shampoo and conditioner.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting throughout the week as well.
• Oct. 6 – Three new Sunday school classes – women’s class, men’ class and circle maker class.
• Oct. 10 – Middle school students will have a nerf war at 6:30 p.m.
• Oct. 11 – High school students will play paintball from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Eibeck Lane property. The cost will be $20 if you do not have your own gear and $10 if you have your own gear. The church will provide the paint balls and snacks.
• Oct. 11 – Trunk-or-Treat from 7 to 8 p.m. at Eibeck Lane.
• Oct. 11 – Oct. 12 – Camp out with your Mt. Olivet family at the Eibeck lane property.
• Oct. 20 - The entire e-4 group will do trash-pick-up. The group will meet at the church for pizza and then pick-up trash.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Paul Marksberry preached on “Responsibility” (Ezekiel 33:7-11.)
• Deacon of the Week is Pete Spegal 428-3146
• Happy Birthday to Dick Austin, Amber Newman and Ray Spegal.
• Happy Anniversary to Marshal and Cindy Blackburn and Jerry and Susie Vaughn.
• Don’t forget Sunday School begins 9:50 a.m. and Sunday worship 11 a.m.; Sunday at 7 p.m. for and Wednesday at 7 p.m. for Bible study; Team Kids are meeting every Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
• Oct. 19 - Community Picnic/Inspirational Singing, starts at noon with a hayride and then food, fun and singing will follow.
• Oct. 20 - Oct. 23 - Fall Revival with Bro. Scotty McDowell.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. For more information, call Mark Partin at 824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Life Apostolic
• Pastor - Jonathon Myers. Transportation provided. Contact Bro. Meyers at 859-428-3120.
• Sunday service at 10 a.m., Sunday evening service at 7 p.m. and at 7 p.m. and Thursday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• Sunday School at 10 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; choir practice at 5 p.m.; Ra’s, Ga’s and Acteens at 5 p.m.; evening worship at 6 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study and prayer service at 7 p.m.
• The food pantry is in need of non perishable food items.
• Any children who have not signed up for the Christmas program, see Bernie as soon as possible.
Church of Christ
• Sunday morning worship 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday School at 9:45 a.m., and Sunday evening at 7 p.m. weekly.
• Oct. 4 - Jr. high students will be going on the Jr. high zoo trip. Students should be at the church at 5:30 p.m. and need to eat before they come. If you have any questions, contact Eric Nease.
• Oct. 5 - Barn Dance at 6 p.m. at home of Orman and Beth Glass. Bring covered dish and dessert. There will be s’mores, dancing and fellowship.
• Oct. 6 - Hannah Dunning will be in concert at the 7 p.m. service. Dunning is a student at Cincinnati Christian University. She is an accomplished violinist and vocalist.
• Oct. 7 - An informational meeting at the church at 6:30 p.m. about a beginners quilting class taught by Linda Evans.
• The mission team members who are going to Haiti in 2014 are collecting flip flops to take with them on their trip. Anyone wishing to donate to this cause can drop flip flops off at the church office.
Sherman Full Gospel
• Oct. 6 – Brian Free and Assurance will be in concert
• Oct. 19 - The WWJD program for children begins 7 p.m.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., Sunday morning worship at 11 a.m., Sunday night at 6 p.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Pastor - Bro. Larry Workman
• Sunday school at 10 a.m.; morning worship at 11 a.m.; Sunday evening service at 6 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study at 7 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
The Well Church
• The church has moved to the Comfort Inn meeting room in Dry Ridge.
• Sunday school is at 10 a.m. and service is at 11 a.m.
• For more information, contact Pastor Colby Carrig at 859-814-4007 or Deacon Rick Bray at 859-801-8112.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• If you would like to have a clearer, deeper understanding of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount, visit us on Sundays. Last Sunday Minister Gary Swick preached from Matthew 5:21-26, dealing with anger. Sometimes relationships with others is more important than worship. Think on the power of forgiveness and practice it.
Sunday afternoon was the funeral of Sonny Bowen, and the congregation mourns his death.
• Oct. 6 - Congregational vote on new elders and deacons.
• Oct. 20 - Fall Festival
• Oct. 6- Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m., fellowship time at 9:30 a.m., Sunday School at 10 a.m., afternoon worship at 11 a.m.; ,
• Five adult Sunday School classes available, Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m.
• Tuesdays - Men’s Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Oct. 2 - Youth from 6 -7:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – Youth at 6 p.m., adult Bible study at 6:30 p.m. Choir practice at 7:30 p.m.
• Thursdays – Women’s Bible study from 6 to 7 p.m.