- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Oct. 14 – 17 – Revival at 7 p.m. with Brother Scotty McDowell.
• Oct. 27 - Operation Christmas Child Community Fish Fry from 4 to 9 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Operation Christmas Child to send 500 boxes. There will be Euchre tournaments, corn hole tournaments, children’s entertainment, crafts and a live band. Adult basket is $7 and child’s basket is $3.50. Each basket includes fish, corn on the cob, hushpuppies, coleslaw, dessert and drink. Delivery is available. Place your order in advance or on the date at 859-307-1311.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Oct. 14 - Monthly business meeting following the evening worship service.
• Oct. 16 - The Day Baptist Women will meet at 11 a.m. at Meadowview.
• Oct. 18 - The Young at Heart will take their trip to Natural Bridge.
• If you haven’t picked up your Operation Christmas Child box yet, they are in the foyer of the church. All boxes must be returned by Nov. 11.
• Oct. 31 - Trunk or Treat on the parking lot from 6 to 8 p.m.
• All food items for “Build A Wall” must be at the church by Nov. 17.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Sunday’s sermon was “God Speaks Through His Son” from Hebrews 1:1-4. The monthly offering was collected for Spears Soup Kitchen and the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper was celebrated with Elders Melinda Wheeler and Vanessa Rose officiating.
• Oct. 14 - Worship at 11a.m. “The Throne of Grace” (Heb. 4:12-16). If we can serve you in any way, call 859-824-5622.
Family Worship Center
• Oct. 14 - Special guest Jen Tringale - 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Oct. 24 - Special guest Carolyn Clark - 7 p.m. She ministers with a great emphasis on the Love of God.
• Oct. 31 – Trunk or Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. There will be inflatables, a safe environment and lots of candy.
• Nov. 12 - Grant County Ministers meeting at 10 a.m. at the Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Grassy Run Baptist
• Oct. 18 – Oct. 21 - Fall revival at 6:30 p.m. and Sunday services at 11 a.m. Bro. Conrad Hefner is the evangelist and Stacy Griffin will be leading in music. After the morning service on Oct. 21, the church is hosting their annual soup and sandwich lunch. Call 859-806-9663 if transportation is needed.
• Minister Nathan Duke preached Sunday night on “We are valuable” (Matthew 10:30-35) God loves us, despite when we feel that He is far away or we are so undeserving of His love, He loves us still. The devil would rather you focus on the wrong and the problems you are facing rather than what is right. God will bring you through your troubles to victory. Hold on just a little while longer.
Lystra Church of Christ
• The sermon was taken from Second Kings Chapter 19 concerning Elijah’s loss of confidence in his work for God. Elijah became depressed and decided his life wasn’t worth living. God answered Elijah by providing for his physical needs, allowing him to vent, and then he gave Elijah something to do. As Christians, we can perform these same actions to help fellow Christians who are experiencing problems with depression.
• Sundays - Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Morning Worship at 11 a.m.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 a.m. and 11a.m. A sermon series called “What Makes A Difference” is beginning.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) will continue to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. and the students will then meet with their small group leaders as well as worshiping as a large group.
• Oct. 17 - Annual Trunk-R-Treat from 6 to 8 p.m. at MOM’s Christian Daycare.
• Oct. 21 - The MOCC Family Reunion at the Eibeck Lane property. There will be worship, lunch and family fun. Watchman will be in concert.
• Oct. 31 - Serving from 5:45 to 7 p.m. at the Madison Avenue Soup Kitchen.
• Nov. 3 - Annual Harvest for Haiti mission
• Dec. 7 – 9 - Annual Appalachian Christmas Mission Trip.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Sermons by Bro, Paul Marksberry: “Going Home” (Genesis 5:1-6) and “The Lord Has Need of It” ( Luke 19: 30-31)
• Deacon of the Week is Lee Roy Simpson 428-3423
• Oct. 25 – Oct. 27 – Church revival with Bro. Scotty McDowell, the preaching evangelist.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
New Day Ministries
• Located at 1212 N. Main Street in Midway Plaza.
• Sundays – Church at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays – Bible Study at 7 p.m. Come as you are and worship with us.
Short Creek Baptist
• Oct. 28 – Oct. 31 -Revival with evening services at 7 p.m. and on Oct. 28 at 6 p.m. Guest speaker Richard Collins. There will be special music.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store) Call 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney and co-pastor Gary Tucker.
• Sunday School 10 a.m., Worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth. Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• At last Sunday’s worship service, Senior Minister Gary Swick preached from Chapter 23 of The Story, Matthew 4:1-11, the temptation of Jesus. What did Jesus come to Earth to do? What did Jesus say He came to Earth to do? What does He expect of us? Satan attacks your weakest spot first. What do you hunger for? Temptations are not limited to the “desert” of life. Satan wants to take God’s place; He wants us to worship Him.
• Oct. 10 - Ladies in Action will meet at the home of Marsha Bowen.
• Oct. 18 - Senior Saints Mystery Tour.
• Oct. 21 - Fall Festival at the home of Darrell and Brenda Caldwell.
• Oct. 27 - Fellowship singing/supper at 6 p.m. Featured guest singers will be The Highlights gospel singing group along with local talent. For further information, call Pastor Joe Howard at 859-824-6568.