- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m.
Disciples of Christ
• Everyone is welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• To forgive is to leave it to God to take care of. If you forgive others, God will forgive you. Don’t get even, be honest. Take the word of others, trust them. Be honest in God’s eyes about your self. How different are you than your enemy? Forgive the past and look for the present and future.
• Wednesday night Bible Study at 7 p.m.
• Feb.6 - Ladies’ Aid Meeting at 6:30 p.m.
The Bible Book for February are Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs (Solomon).
• Feb. 3 - Bro. Jeff Walters, interim pastor will be preaching. He will also be with us on Wednesday evenings for adult Bible study.
• Feb. 3 - All youth need to be at the youth center at 6 p.m. for Super Sunday.
• Feb. 5 - LYDIA will meet on at 7 p.m. at the church.
• Feb. 8 - The Deacons, active and inactive, along with their wives will have an annual dinner at 6 p.m. at the church. Contact Charlie Conrad for reservations.
• During the month of February, the LYDIA group will be collecting “Soles for Souls.” This is a mission outreach to collect new or gently used shoes for men, women and children.
• Feb. 10 - Business meeting following the evening worship service.
• Sunday’s sermon, “Rejection at Nazareth” questioned the tendency to impose people’s expectations on Jesus the way his hometown folk did, and the folly of rejecting him if he doesn’t seem to meet those expectations.
• Join us for worship in the historic sanctuary each Sunday at 11 a.m.
• Feb. 3 - Jesus’ Prayer (Luke 23:34) The Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
• Feb. 10 - The Transfiguration (Luke 9:28-43)
The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com
• Feb. 3 – Sunday service at 10 a.m. with a twist. Wear your favorite team’s jersey for Super Bowl Sunday fun. Young adults Super Bowl party at 6 p.m. at the home of Ryan and Rachel Linke. Contact Kaitlyn Bullock for more details.
• Feb. 4 - The February Grant County Ministers meeting will be at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
• Preacher - Landon Scott
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms continued a series of sermons from the book of Malachi. The Israelites were accused of robbing God by withholding tithes and offerings. To receive spiritual blessings, Christians must be willing to sacrifice with tithes and offerings rather than hurt their union with God by indifference and failing to put God first.
• Sundays - Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Morning Worship at 11 a.m.
• Brother Steve Kinmon gave the sermon from I Corinthians
• Every other Sunday is Children’s Church
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship 11 a.m.
• Wednesday prayer meetings at 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday church prayer at 4 p.m.
• The congregation is pleased to announce that the church facility loan has been paid off and are planning a “Note Burning” ceremony.
• Bro. Rick will start the sermon series “The Book of Revelation” during the morning services and “The Nations in Prophecy” during the evening services.
• Feb. 16 - Valentine’s banquet at 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
• Small group studies are - Charles and Amy Little at their house, Cameron and Elizabeth Courtney at their house at 7 p.m. on Friday’s. Also Elizabeth Courtney teaches the Ladies small group at MargEl’s home at 10 a.m. on Tuesday’s.
• The WMU is helping to sponsor CareNet and all the aid they supply to women in need. The baby bottles are on the table at the back of the sanctuary. Bottles will be collected Feb.10.
• If you have a prayer request or would like to know about the email prayer chain, contact Jane Jones.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• Bro. Emery Eldridge had two good messages: “Drifting Away” (Hebrews 2:1-3) and “When Bad Days Show up” (Psalm 121:1-8.)
• Deacon of the Week is Jim Tiller 428-3727
• Feb. 3 - Breakfast at 9 a.m. followed by Sunday School and then worship service. Join us if you do not have a church to go to.
• Feb. 6 - Monthly business meeting. Team Kids will be meeting at same time at 6:30 p.m.
• Feb. 10 - Valentine banquet/fundraiser for Ricky and Theresa Cook.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. with Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
• Jan. 27 – Pastor Race’s message about faith was taken from Acts and Hebrews.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning service at 11 a.m., Sunday night service at 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday service at 7 p.m.
• The food pantry is open on the second Friday starting in February. If you need help, call Pastor Race at 428-1218.
• March 20 – March 24 – Bro. Gene Johns will hold revival.
The church is located at 266 Keefer Road in Corinth.
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• The Sunday morning message was from Nehemiah 4-6. Attacks haven’t changed much since Nehemiah’s time. He just kept on praying and building. And that is what we should do: keep on praying and “building” (doing the work of the Kingdom). The problem may be bigger than you but it is not bigger than your God.
• Jan. 31 - Senior Saints will meet at 11 a.m. for Bible study and a potluck luncheon (soup).
• Plans are in the making for the AWANA Club for children K-second and grade three through six to begin in April.
• Feb. 3 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. early morning contemporary style service; fellowship time at 9:30 a.m. Sunday School at 10 a.m. The church has five adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for preschool through 12th grade and traditional worship at 11 a.m.