- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Last week Ben Holloway preached and John and Brigitte Siedenberg did the music. John ministered the Word Sunday night. The services were powerful.
• Jan. 9 - Bible study on the book of Romans at 7 p.m.
• Pastor Earl Breeden - 859-814-7594
• New Year corporate fast. This will be the first day of each month for 2013. There will be a meeting at 6:30 p.m. on the first day of the month at the church to pray together and break bread.
• Sunday morning church service - 10:45 a.m.
Disciples of Christ
• Everyone is welcome at Crittenden Christian Church, no exceptions. To learn more about the church, contact Rev. Shayanna Jolly at 859-428-2210 or go to www.crittendenchristian.com.
• Sunday School begins at 10 a.m.; worship begins at 10:45 a.m. and every Tuesday-Bible study begins at 10:30 a.m.
• Jan. 13 – The church will host guest speaker Kathryn Welch, a recent graduate of Vanderbilt Divinity School.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• Jan. 13 - Bro. Jeff Walters will be preaching a trial sermon for interim pastor. The Deacons will meet with him at 4 p.m. Fellowship including a question and answer time from 5 to 6 p.m. After he preaches the evening service, members will be voting on him as interim pastor.
• Jan. 13 - Regular monthly business meeting after the worship service.
• Jan. 15 - The Day Baptist Women will meet on at 11 a.m.
• Jan. 19 - Men’s Day in the church. Bro. Gabriel Rivera will be holding a seminar for all men from 9 a.m. noon.
Dry Ridge Presbyterian
• Sunday’s sermon, “The Rest of the Story,” focused on the hard passage of Matthew 2:13-23 and the constant struggle against evil. Everyone is invited to worship with Dry Ridge Presbyterian every Sunday at 11 a.m
• Jan. 13 - “The Proclamation of John the Baptist” (Luke 3:15-22)
• Jan. 20 - “The Wedding at Cana” (John 2:1-11)
• The church is located at 15 Warsaw Avenue in Dry Ridge. If the church can assist in anyway, call 859-824-5622. The website is www.dryridgepresbyterian.com
Family Worship Center
• Jan. 13 – Daniel Eric Groves at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Jan 30 – Night of Worship at 7 p.m. There will be prayer, praise and worship.
• Feb. 4 - The February Grant County Ministers will be at 10 a.m. at Family Worship Center in Williamstown.
First Love Community
• Eleven years have passed since First Love Community began a new church about an old gospel that still has the same conviction and compassion as when it first begun. Thanks to all who have uttered prayers and words of encouragement. Through the years we have fallen short in many ways but one thing is for sure; we have never failed to try.
If things continue as they are in 2013 the church will celebrate having its own place of worship .6 of a mile down the Fashion Ridge / Curry lane road in Dry Ridge.
• Preacher - Landon Scott.
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. worship services at 11 a.m. and evening worship services at 6:30 p.m.
Lystra Church of Christ
• Bro. Josh Grooms preached from Daniel Chapter 7. Daniel dreamed of the kingdom that will never be destroyed. The responsibility of Christians is to keep the church alive and prospering until God rules over all the earth.
• Sundays - Sunday School at 10 a.m. and morning worship at 11 a.m.
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Jan. 13 - There will be a fellowship meal of soup and sandwiches after the evening services. This meal is a thank you to Karri Rider and Joe for everything they have done.
• Jan. 13 - Planning meeting for the first six months of 2013 at 4:30 p.m. This meeting is for those involved in the ministry, serve on a committee or are a department leader.
• The small group studies will be starting up. This study is open to anyone. If you would like to join a small group, there is a sign-up sheet up front on the platform. The date and location and topics are:
• Jan. 11 - Charles and Amy Little -”Discovering God’s Will” at 7 p.m.
• Jan. 18 - Cameron and Elizabeth -”Stories of the Bible about Jesus” at 7 p.m.
• Jan. 22 - Elizabeth at MargEl’s house -Ladies small group will be studying “12 Women of the Bible” at 10 a.m.
• Jan. 20 - Bro. Rick will begin a series through “The Book of Revelation” in the morning services. Then that evening a series entitled “The Nation in Prophecy” will be started.
Mt. Olivet Christian
• Sunday morning services are at 8:45 and 11 a.m.
• The E4 student ministry group (teen small groups for middle and high school students) continues to meet from 5 to 7 p.m. each Sunday. Dinner is served at 5 p.m. and the students will meet with their small group leaders. Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays.
• Jan. 9 –Vacation Bible School meeting.
• Jan. 13 - Middle schoolers Jr. High Believe conference on Feb. 22 – Feb. 23. Cost is $50.
• Jan. 16 - Concert of prayer from 7 to 8 p.m.
• Jan. 20 - Celebration of Lani Ohana at the Georgetown Pavilion.
• Adult Bible study continues to meet from 7 to 8 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church and other home small groups are meeting as well.
• MOM’s Christian Daycare currently has openings for children from infant age to preschool age. The center is open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. State assistance is accepted. Call 859-824-7499 for a tour.
• The church is located at 28 Broadway St. in Dry Ridge. Visitors are welcome. For more information, call Mark Partin at 859-824-0947.
• Associate Pastor – Gary Wolford
• Sunday School at 10 a.m. and Sunday services at 11a.m. Sunday evening services at 6 p.m. Wednesday services at 7 p.m.
Oak Ridge Baptist
• It was good to be back with God’s people for the first service of the New Year.
• Jan. 13 - A representative from the Sunrise Children’s Home will bring the morning message. The ladies quilting group will present the quilts that have made for the children.
• Jan. 14 - Executive Board meets at 7 p.m. at the associational office.
• Jan. 27 - A special offering will be taken Jan. 13 to be used for postage for Operation Christmas child.
• Jan. 30 - Sunday school meeting at 7 p.m. after prayer service.
• Jan. 31 - The senior adult meal will be held at the church at 5 p.m.
• Regular service times are: Sunday School at 10 a.m. Morning worship at 11 a.m. and Sunday
evenings GA’s and RAs and worship 6 p.m. Wednesdays prayer service 6 p.m.
The Potters House
• Located at 115 S. Main St. in Crittenden (lower level Family Dollar Store)
• 859-428-0866 or 391-6503 or 802-4545
• Pastor Charles Courtney
• Sunday School 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Vine Run Baptist
• Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m., Sunday evening worship 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday prayer service at 7 p.m. with GA’s, RA’s, Mission Friends and youth.
• Go to www.vinerun.org for upcoming events.
• The minister’s message at the morning worship service Sunday was from Nehemiah. Prayer was Nehemiah’s first response. To pray as he did, first you have to know what the problem is; then lay your case before God, reminding Him of what He has done in the past and what He has promised.
• Jan. 12 - Awana Volunteer Breakfast Workshop from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
• Jan. 17 - Senior Saints trip to Frankfort.
• Jan. 13 - Worship Alive! at 8:30 a.m. Early morning contemporary style service.
• Jan. 13 - Fellowship time at 9:30 a.m. Snacks, hot coffee and lots of fellowship.
• Jan. 13 - Sunday School at 10 a.m. There are five adult Sunday School classes available and Sunday School classes for kindergarten through 12 grade.
• Traditional Worship at 11 a.m.
• Administrative council meeting immediately following worship
• Jan. 14 - Mission team meeting at 6 p.m. in the Chipman Building
• Jan. 20 - Majestic Sounds Quartet at 6 p.m. For more information, call Pastor Joe Howard at 859-824-6568.