- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Church of Christ
• July 17-20 – Revival - 7 p.m. The following evangelists are scheduled: Greg Marksberry – July 17-18; Scotty Simpson – July 19 and Tommy Simpson – July 20. The minister is Gene Kearns, song leader, Kay Frost and pianist, Gary Steurer.
• The Creative Ministry Team went on a mission trip to Kentucky Speedway on July 6. If anyone is interested in becoming a team member, they meet at 6 p.m. every Wednesday.
• In His sermon on the mount, Jesus uses the beatitudes to describe those who will inherit the kingdom of God. These have been called guidelines to follow. God used these as a design for how to worship and follow Him. Christians should take every opportunity to serve the Lord and attend church. Think about this: If it’s not easy to pray, maybe that is why you are easy prey.
• July 17 - Family night at 6 p.m. This will be Bro. Joe’s last Family Night. A business meeting will follow the evening worship service.
• July 19 - The Day Baptist Women will meet at 11 a.m. at the church.
• July 21 – The Young at Heart group will leave the church at 12:30 p.m. to go to the Kincaid Theater to see “Smoke on the Mountain.” Afterwards they will go to Howard’s Restaurant.
Dry Ridge Christian (Disciples of Christ)
• July 17 – Potluck dinner – Bring your favorite dish to share and meet the ministerial candidate, the Rev. Bob Silvanik. The search committee will provide appetizers beginning at 5 p.m. and dinner will follow at 6 p.m.
• Choose Your Shoes – A drive to collect school shoes for youngsters will soon come to a close. The need was great last year. Place new athletic style shoes in the collection box at the fellowship hall entrance. Contact Joy Williams for more information or to donate cash.
• July 30 – Full Plate Ministry will serve a meal to those in need.
• July 17 – The church will vote on a new pastor, following the morning worship service. All members are encourgaged to be there and plan on staying for the voting.
• Church Social – Also on Sunday, following morning worship to greet the Blairland Baptist Church from Tennessee who are conducting VBS at Mt. Zion Baptist. Bring a covered dish.
• July 20 - Kidz-4-Gsus Fun For A Day - Attention all kids ages 5 through fifth grade, invite your friends and join us from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. There will be games, food, candy, prizes, ice cream and more. Bring an extra change of clothes because you will get wet.
• July 31 – 6 p.m. - Prayer, praise and worship service - Thanksgiving with a yielded heart moves us from prayer to praise and into worship. This is the key to peace and to the promises of God.
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
• Sunday featured two messages about the nation’s birthday. The congregation said the pledges to the American and Christian flags. Shirley and Gary Davis, Grace Morris, Kenneth Chandler and Gracella Morris brought special music. Sermons were “Eyewitness” (Acts 1:7-11) and “Talents” (Matthew 25: 14-27).
• Aug. 4-5 - Ten Mile Association meeting at Paint Lick Baptist Church.
• Aug. 28 - Gideon speaker Sunday morning.
• Deacon of the week is Jim Tiller at 428-3727.
• Wednesdays - Prayer and Bible study.
• July 18 - Don’t forget, all children in the Mt. Zion and Ellistion area especially, Adventure Week beginning at 10 a.m. July 18.
• Pastor Race preached “Be prepared” (Luke 12:34-44). People prepare for all kinds of things in this life, but don’t prepare for the afterlife? We prepare for births and a future with a 401K and insurance. Why do we neglect to prepare for life after death? Jesus made a way—it is free for all.
• July 17 – Evangelist Hoyt Bussell will preach at 6:30 p.m. Shiloh will have services and fellowship at Owenton Manor.
• Sunday morning Pastor Larry Workman preached a message about disobedience (1 Samuel 13:5-14). There are certain things that all know they should stay away from. Whether it be a place or a substance. People know wrong from right. God even gives us the Ten Commandments to live by. There are consequences for actions and that stands true with God as well.
• July 15 - Men’s softball game at 8 p.m. at Crittenden Baptist Church.
• July 18 - Worship service at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Fireproof Youth Group meet at 5 p.m. Praise and worship band practice meet at 7 p.m. at the church.
• July 19 - Men’s prayer breakfast at 6 a.m. at Cracker Barrel in Dry Ridge. Bible study at 1 p.m. at the church.
• July 20 – Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
• Zion Baptist Church, 109 S. Main Street in Dry Ridge, will hold a night of gospel singing at 6 p.m. July 30, featuring the group The Majestic Sounds. For more information, please call Pastor Joe Howard at 859-824-6568.