- Special Sections
- Public Notices
• Maybe God sends a blanket of snow every once in a while, so that he can get a fresh look at His creation with simple beauty. This season is filled with planning, recruiting, and evaluating as we to prepare for, a new fun-filled season of Camp Northward activities.
• Wednesday nights - 6 p.m. Prayer walk to pray for those living in the community.
• First and third Mondays - Church pantry is open.
• Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship services at 11 a.m. and at 6 p.m. This coming Sunday night, the Children’s Pastors, Scottie and Brandy Hall, will have the children upstairs for a special program.
• Evangelism: When discussing Jesus Christ with someone, put yourself in the other person’s place. In the story of the Ethiopian eunuch, in the book of Acts, Philip helps him to understand God’s plan. Once the plan was explained, the eunuch did not hesitate to take action to do what God wanted him and commanded him to do. Are you taking the opportunities that god provides you?
• Jan. 21 - Kidz-4-Gsus will be having a movie night from 7 to 10 p.m. for all kids ages 4 through 12 (fifth grade). “How to Train Your Dragon” will be shown.
• There will also be an Urgency Youth United Rally at Victor Life Church in Georgetown with praise and worship, great message, blindfolded-dance contests and the big weigh in. You could win a Xbox 360 with Kinect. The group will leave FWCGC at 5:30 p.m.
• Jan. 30 - Join us at 6 p.m. for a special night of prayer, praise and worship.
• Pastor Pullens of Harvest Apostolic Church preached (Genesis 16:1) “Living someone else’s dream.” Sarah had a dream that one day her and Abraham would have a son. They shared the dream. Just like it took years for the promise to come to past, she took her dream into her own hands. She decided that Hagar would give her a son. If you have a dream don’t allow a “Hagar” to come in your place and live it, Step out in faith and live the dream and promises that God has put in your life.
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the Web site at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
• Jan. 30 - regular worship service the fifth Sunday. No hymn sing or supper.
• Feb. 13 - Valentine Banquet, with salad and spaghetti, after morning service, The Team Kids are in charge of this.
• Jan. 21 -Youth will go to New Bethel Baptist Church for Euphoria 2011 for worship at 7 p.m. then from midnight to 6 a.m. laser tag at Lazer Kraze. Any youth interested in going should contact youth minister Curtis Clemons at 859-620-6642 or by e-mail email@example.com for more information.
• Attention: Youth in grades 7th-12th have the chance to win a brand new bicycle by coming to Mt. Zion Baptist Church Youth Group on Sundays and Friday nights at 7 p.m.
• The deacon of the week is Jim Tiller, at 428-3727.
• Jan. 20-23 –Revival services at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday evenings and at 2 p.m. on Sunday at 1645 Gardnersville Road, Crittenden with Evangelist Rusty Adkins from Noblesville, Ind.
• Welcome Adam Lee to the family of God and to the church family.
• Congratulations to Jason and Crystal Cook on the birth of their daughter, Laela Amerie Cook.
• Jan. 28 - Game Night at 6 p.m.
• Jan. 30 – Meal and devotional time at 6 p.m.
• Happy Birthday to Alexis Manning and Crystal Cook.
• At the Sunday morning worship services the minister continued his series on strengthening families with the theme “This I Wish.”
• Sundays - Evening worship and book study both meet at 6 p.m.
• Reserves are getting low in the food pantry. The secretary can provide a list of needed items. Bring food to the church office or fellowship hall.
• Pray for missisonaries, the Wheelers, who are beginning their work in Guatemala.
• Jan. 20 - Senior Saints will (weather permitting) see “Hubble” at the I-Max Theater.
• Jan. 23 –PPR meeting immediately following worship service. Fireproof- Youth Group meet at 5 p.m. There will be a Winter Blitz meeting following worship in the WUMC in the all-purpose room. This meeting will be for the parents/youth of those that will be attending Winter Blitz. Schedules and more detailed information will be discussed/handed out as well as release forms/medical forms for those that have not already turned them in.
• Jan. 24 – Bible study at 1 p.m.
• Jan. 26 – Bible study at 6:30 p.m. on 1st and 2nd Corinthians. Praise and worship band practice is at 7:15 p.m. in the sanctuary.
• The Vineyard is continuing to look forward to the big move. In the big moves of life, the Bible tells of a widow caring for Elijah. She stayed with God as He said there would always be enough and He provided what her family needed.
• Feb. 6 - If you’d like to watch the Super Bowl on the big screen, check out the Vineyard at 6 p.m.