- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Cherry Grove Pentecostal Church of God
• May 21 – Men’s ministry prayer breakfast at 9 a.m. R.S.V.P. to Ron Lantz at 859-428-0374.
• Last Sunday, mothers were honored. The church is planning a food pantry in the near future—more information to be announced. The church is located on Cherry Grove Road, Williamstown.
• Sunday morning, Rhonda spoke about the Bible story about the two prostitutes with new babies. When one baby died, the baby was exchanged for the other baby, but the real mother knew her child. Read 1 Kings 3:16. For more information about the church, call 859-824-1824.
• May 14 - Mother/Daughter Banquet at 6 p.m. at the church, 139 N. Main Street. It will be an evening of fellowship with a Hawaiian theme.
• In the book of Samuel, is the story of Hannah who knew that children were a blessing from God. She prayed that the Lord would grant her a child and she promised to dedicate the child to the Lord. She kept her vow and when the time came, she brought her son, Samuel to the house of the Lord. Hannah gave testimony to what God accomplished on her behalf. Let us follow her example.
Dry Ridge Baptist
• May 12 - The Young at Heart are leaving the church lot at 10:30 a.m.
• The piano students of Irma Parks will have their recital at the church at 7 p.m. May 12.
• May 15 -Family Night at 6 p.m. Bring a covered dish. Business meeting will follow the evening worship service.
• May 18 – Day Baptist Women (new date) at 11 a.m.
Dry Ridge Christian (Disciples of Christ)
• A baby dedication service was held May 8, for Lilly Bowling, Jackson Turner and Addison Hicks.
• May 14 - Christian Woman’s Fellowship will cater the Mason Alumni Banquet
• May 15 - Monthly fellowship lunch will follow morning worship. Christian Junior Fellowship movie day will be from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
• Welcome Kaitlyn Turner to the church family, her baptism will be May 22.
• May 29 - Veterans will be honored.
Family Worship Center
• May 15 – Honoring 2011 high school graduates. See Pastors Ryan or Rachel to find out what you need to provide.
• May 22 – Baptism service - If you have recently accepted Christ or re-dedicated your life and would like to be baptized, please sign up at the Information Center.
• Wednesdays - Bible school from 6 to 8 p.m. All children are welcome. This structured program consists of a meal, recreational activities, class time crafts and music; LBC Youth Group: Envoy for Christ (grades ninth through 12th) features fun and fellowship from from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and a Bible lesson and worship from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Thursdays – Prayer meeting and Bible study at 6 p.m.
• Sundays – Sunday school at 10 a.m.; worship services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• June 6-11 – Beach Blast Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8:30 p.m. A kickoff beach party will be held at 1 p.m. June 4.
• June 26 – July 2 - Tent revival
Mt. Carmel Baptist
• Mt. Carmel welcomes visitors. The church is located at 389 Mt. Carmel Road, Williamstown. For more information call Pastor Rick Haggett at 859-907-4930 or visit the website at www.mtcarmelbaptistky.com.
Mt. Zion Baptist
• On Mother’s Day, sermons by Bro. Paul Marksberry were about “Blessed Women of the Bible”(Exodus 2:2) “The Good Shepherd”(Psalm 23).
• Deacon of the week is Pete Spegal, at 428-3146.
• June 3 - 4 - The youth will have a yard sale at the church from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. A car wash and bake sale will be held Krogers in Walton at 10 a.m. June 4. Come and support them as they prepare for camp this summer.
• Wednesdays - Don’t forget Wednesday night services and Team Kid.
• Fridays – Youth meeting
• Congratulations to Emily Simpson and Nathan Hagedorn who were married on May 7.
• Happy Birthday this week to Paul Marksberry Jr. and Chris Glacken.
Sherman Church of Christ
• The Sherman Church of Christ Upward Soccer Ministry has been underway for a few weeks. Games will continue on Saturdays from 1 to 3 p.m. on the church property. Sign-ups will begin soon for a fall flag football league. Visit the church’s website or the Upward website for more information.
• Last Sunday, 269 people attended worship services on May 8. Senior Minister, Tim Seevers, began a series of messages from John 3:16 and covered the theme of God’s love this past Sunday. This week’s message will center on the gift God gave to us because of His love. Everyone is invited to attend.
• May 14 - The church missions team is sponsoring a Zumbathon at the Grant County Park from 10 a.m. to noon. The cost is $15 and there will be goody bags and prizes. The proceeds will go toward helping the 45 youth and adults planning a missions trip in July to help people in the South rebuild their lives. For more information contact the church office at 428-1661 or Kim at 242-1463.
• May 16 - The church will host the Grant County Christian Men’s Fellowship at 6:30 p.m. There will be a dinner and feature guest speaker, Dr. David Faust, President of Cincinnati Christian University. The deadline to make reservations by calling the church office is May 15.
Sherman Full Gospel
• May 15 - Blaine Bowman and His Good Time Band will perform at 6 p.m.
Short Creek Baptist
• The church is proud of Lydia and Lucina, who represented the church at the State Bible Drills in Lexington on April 30.
• Sundays - Children in Action (grades first through sixth) at 6 p.m.
• May 20 - Father and Son Camp-out
• May 22 - Mother’s Day Banquet
• May 29 - Fifth Sunday Dinner
• June 20 – 25 - Vacation Bible School
• “Living Intentionally, Not Accidentally” was the theme of Senior Minister Gary Swick’s message (2 Corinthians 11:23 and Acts 16; 19:8-10) at the Sunday morning services. Paul is the perfect example of a man with a mission, with a purpose, regardless of the cost. Mothers were recognized at both services and a gift was presented to all women present.
• Book study - Small groups began this week and are meeting at various times and locations, studying the book “Live Like You Were Dying.” It is not too late to enroll.
Williamstown Pentecostal Holiness
• There will be a benefit singing for the church, 749 S. Main Street, Williamstown, at 7:30 p.m. May 13. Special guest singers will be featured and everyone is welcome to attend. For more information, call Pastor Bobby Jewell at 859-824-4922.
Williamstown United Methodist
• May 15 - Praise and worship band practice at 10 a.m. Worship service at 11 a.m. Youth catered meal at noon (immediately following worship). Administrative Council meeting at 1 p.m. (after the meal) in the all-purpose room. Fireproof and Pre-school program at 5 p.m. Parents are encouraged to attend the end of the year pre-school program.
• May 16 – Men’s weekly prayer breakfast at 6 a.m. at Cracker Barrel in Dry Ridge. Pray, read scripture and discuss issues facing today’s man. Bible study at 1 p.m. and U.M.W. at 6 p.m., both at the church. Tracy Goe is leading a missions program and Laura Epperson is the hostess.
• May 18 - Bible study at 6:30 p.m.